8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, so I have an '07 Si Sedan with a stock suspension (soon to be dropped on Neuspeed Race when I save up some money) and I was wondering what is the widest rims I can get for the front and back. More importantly, I'm wondering what's the widest I can go in the front (along with the offset needed) so that it won't get caught on anything, rub, pull, or any other complication.

Did that make sense ? Sorry, kinda out of it. Thanks guys (and girls, if any).

·
Registered
224 Posts
Just to give you a picture.

I'm dropped on Eibach Prokit (about 1" all round) and have Tokico HTS dampners set to full stiff.

Tires 225/45/17 +38 offset and my rears rub, but not my fronts. Going to eat these tires and then get new ones in 215/45/17, should fit then. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Just to give you a picture.

I'm dropped on Eibach Prokit (about 1" all round) and have Tokico HTS dampners set to full stiff.

Tires 225/45/17 +38 offset and my rears rub, but not my fronts. Going to eat these tires and then get new ones in 215/45/17, should fit then. Hope that helps.
do you have any camber in the rear? if not, that may help.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Without ANY work, camber/rolling ect. you really can't go very wide.
A 8.5" +40 or so with a 225 is about right.

·
Registered
7,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Without ANY work, camber/rolling ect. you really can't go very wide.
A 8.5" +40 or so with a 225 is about right.
There you go, this is exactly what I was looking for. Out of curiousity, how much work would be needed to fit 9" wide rims with +35 offset ?

And for everyone else, my bad. I meant tires and rims. Not fat people. Haha. :D

·
Registered
478 Posts
I've got 17x8 / +48 with 225/45R17 and the HFP suspension - no rubbing at all. The +48 was higher than I wanted to go but the wife had to have blue rims!

·
Registered
11,635 Posts
your gonna rub if you go wide

even if you run a 17x7 +45 (stock) and put a big tire and a drop then your gonna rub
if you want wide and aggressive, your gonna rub, no way around it

·
Registered
478 Posts
I've thought about going 235 on my next set...maybe a little rolling of teh fender? And off topic...woot for Copperas Cove - I lived in Temple for a couple of years - teh wife is from Kempner.

·
Registered
969 Posts
i'm really debating on 235's. i'm only on a pro-kit so it's not like i would be tuckin. i've heard of guys pulling it off without the need to roll the fenders. i really don't want to get invested in that.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I think you can go by 9 in width your just going to need a lot of work like rolling your quaters ,stretching your tires and run some negative camber in the rear

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
I'm on HFP suspension, fa5, and asked the same question. I'm going to end up with 18x8 +35 225/40 next year. No rubs from those that have those

·
Registered
7,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'll probably just run some 8 or 8.5's then. Anyone know what's the widest I can go on Neuspeeds ? I'm not really concerned about the rear. The front is my main concern because I don't wanna have steering issues.

·
Registered
295 Posts
This question is pointless because it all depends on how low you are.

On stock suspension you can run wide as **** with low offset but you'll look retarded.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts