8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to give credit to EdNaviEx for turning me on to this.

So for those that don't know, sometime last year Photobucket started charging for their image hosting service. For those that didn't pay, their hosted pictures were no longer viewable. This killed a lot of great threads on this forum due to the fact that 99% of people used them to host their images.

Well there is a great extension for google Chrome called "photobucket embed fix" that makes the old pictures viewable again. There is a similar plugin for Firefox as well. Link below.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-embed-fix/naolkcpnnlofnnghnmfegnfnflicjjgj?hl=en

Through some sort of black magic it just makes the pics viewable again.

Also, for future image hosting I'd recommend imgur.com.

·
Super Moderator
1,893 Posts
I have to give credit to EdNaviEx for turning me on to this.

So for those that don't know, sometime last year Photobucket started charging for their image hosting service. For those that didn't pay, their hosted pictures were no longer viewable. This killed a lot of great threads on this forum due to the fact that 99% of people used them to host their images.

Well there is a great extension for google Chrome called "photobucket embed fix" that makes the old pictures viewable again. There is a similar plugin for Firefox as well. Link below.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-embed-fix/naolkcpnnlofnnghnmfegnfnflicjjgj?hl=en

Through some sort of black magic it just makes the pics viewable again.

Also, for future image hosting I'd recommend imgur.com.
Glad to see this is helping others. I hate photobucket with a passion for doing what they did. I hope this continues to work!

I also started using IMGUR for my picture I want to share in forums.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Thank you so much for posting this! I have to use Firefox instead of Safari now but who cares? I can do some DIYs that I was stuck on without the pics haha! I really hope this continues working. I think I'll figure out how to save some of the DIY's to read offline just in case...

·
Super Moderator
1,893 Posts
Advice: get screen shots of the DIY photos and/or print out the thread. Who knows how long the "fix" will work.

Cheers!

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Advice: get screen shots of the DIY photos and/or print out the thread. Who knows how long the "fix" will work.

Cheers!
Yeah my concern is that photobucket will start deleting the photos of the unpaid users after a year or so. They are just holding them for ransom for the time being, but I doubt that will remain the case.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Yeah my concern is that photobucket will start deleting the photos of the unpaid users after a year or so. They are just holding them for ransom for the time being, but I doubt that will remain the case.
Screenshots are a prudent thing to do. Jumping on it right now. Permanent deletion of images is my suspicion as well. They can congratulate themselves for pretty much breaking the internet. Once those images disappear for good it will pretty much be a blackout. All forums will be almost worthless.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts