8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 261 Posts

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
whats going on in here???!!!!

i came in here cause i see things that make no sense....

you guys are using autotune all wrong..

if you guys need a tune i charge small fees and i promise to get the job done, right...

pm me for pricing or if any reason you might need help with autotune...lmk

you should only hit autotune 2-4 times no longer than 1-6th gear 4 times max... 5% change, closest cell
ok i will only make a brief explanation of how i use to use autotune and when i expieriemented with it what i did for it to work with my tune and not destroy it completely:

1st: set autotune to closet cell ... a 5 % change

2nd: drive car with autotune on till u hear beeps

3rd: only do it partial throttle driving and very little full throttle

4th: should only be used 1-6 gears 1-2 times then if ur still rich try turning it on while driving in high gears (4-6)..

if u need more help lmk i left other settings as-is

·
Registered
509 Posts
You have to have your laptop setup and be datalogging to be able to select this function. What i gathered from reading about this in the help section on fp is that its a good way to get your fueling right.

·
E-Tunez FTT!!!
1,939 Posts
The autotune function works quite well. As a matter of fact if you want to get your part throttle going, precise cell is your friend. Keep in mind that you have to tune the autotune parameters to be effective as the default configurations can be enhanced. Once you have that ready, go ahead and select your low cam fuel tables in live tuning, flash your calibration, hit the record button, and then the autotune button or control+t) and go for a nice ride. Your partial throttle will be wonders after some cruising around (drive around like you normally would and your laptop should be emitting sounds as the changes are made live). After your satisfied and your s-trims are closer to 0, stop datalogging, disable live tuning, save your autotuned map and reflash. Enjoy your autotuned car!

Best regards,

Dr. Rulo

·
Registered
7 Posts
Here's a screenshot of a 20 minute autotune session:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/112934382993403772720/albums/5692357991433417857/5692357999165233442

Notice how at partial throttle and changing map (-18 to -22kpa), differing cam angles, and fluctuations in throttle position the MAP fuel tables help the car achieve stoich by staying very close to 0 fuel trims.

Best regards,

Dr. Rulo
Hey rulo, care to share with us your autotune settings..Thanks.. :dancing:

·
E-Tunez FTT!!!
1,939 Posts
Once you have completed your partial throttle to a respectable baseline (within -+ 8% s.trims). Got to options --> settings, under options change the MAP values to Min: -14.7 and Max: 2 (psi), change the number of samples to 2. Then go to the Autotune tab and change the maximum change from basemap to 5 (I like to be conservative) and change the autotune strategy to precise cell. Follow the steps above and happy autotuning.

Best regards,

Dr. Rulo

·
Registered
7 Posts
Once you have completed your partial throttle to a respectable baseline (within -+ 8% s.trims). Got to options --> settings, under options change the MAP values to Min: -14.7 and Max: 2 (psi), change the number of samples to 2. Then go to the Autotune tab and change the maximum change from basemap to 5 (I like to be conservative) and change the autotune strategy to precise cell. Follow the steps above and happy autotuning.

Best regards,

Dr. Rulo
Awesome!! Appreciate it.. Thanks :rockwoot:

For the minimum and maximum lambda, what is the proper value for it? Because default after installing FP manager is 11.02 min and 17.93 max but when I look at the flashpro help about autotune, the settings there shows 0.75 min and 1.25 max.

·
E-Tunez FTT!!!
1,939 Posts
Awesome!! Appreciate it.. Thanks :rockwoot:

For the minimum and maximum lambda, what is the proper value for it? Because default after installing FP manager is 11.02 min and 17.93 max but when I look at the flashpro help about autotune, the settings there shows 0.75 min and 1.25 max.
They equal to about the same, one is in Lambda (on the help file) and the one you are referring to is in AFR. Since the reference is stoich (~14.64) then .75 of 14.64 = ~11 AFR, etc.

Best regards,

Dr. Rulo

·
Registered
284 Posts
I would love to know more about this autotune feature. Is it just set it and forget it it type of tuning?... or do you need to goo in and adjust things after its done....

·
E-Tunez FTT!!!
1,939 Posts
anything you would do different with doing it on a SCed setup?
I would love to know more about this autotune feature. Is it just set it and forget it it type of tuning?... or do you need to goo in and adjust things after its done....
Yep, only fuel. For an FI setup you can increase the psi threshold, but, I recommend to do that manually just in case (I can't give complete control to Skynet).

Best regards,

Dr. Rulo

1 - 20 of 261 Posts
About this Discussion
260 Replies
84 Participants
texm3x
8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
We’re a community for 8th Gen 2006 - 2011 Civic owners to discuss performance mods, body kits, Si models, turbo kits and accessories. Come Join the club!
Full Forum Listing