8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

my friend bought a 07 Si sedan and it was crashed. He wants to know is there a way to somehow skip the whole srs module stuff and shut off the srs lights (driver,passanger and side/curtain), cut off their power suply so that they wouldnt blink?

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
Take it back to the dealer. Theres a small pin module that is used to reset the srs system which is located in the relays. If the lights are on, everything is disabled.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Take it back to the dealer. Theres a small pin module that is used to reset the srs system which is located in the relays. If the lights are on, everything is disabled.
That won't do crap if there is something defective in the system. The car will turn it's own lights off when the system is operating properly. I have fixed many 8th gens with airbag deployment and never seen one have to see the dealer to reset anything.

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
Really? I just went through this in december 07. My car was hit in the front, they left the battery attached while removing srs components, light was on when I started it. I took it to the dealer, they reset the system, no light, srs working again.

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
Reading owns me.... obviously the dealership owned your friend.
haha, yup

Take it back, have them fix it, unless he got a deal on it and bought it with that problem as a known and recognised issue, but I don't even know if it's legal to sell a car at a dealership with a non functional SRS system.

There's no way to turn that light off if the system has a problem besides taking the bulb out of the dash. Either have him get it fixed at the dealer, or take the bulb out.

Taking the bulb out might also not be a good idea because I believe that is also illegal if he forgets about it (either on purpose or not) and sells the car later on.

·
Registered
142 Posts
maybe his friend bought the car from an auction/junkyard or w/e, not a dealership.. and its most likely salvage title..

and yes the only way to shut that light off is to go to the dealership.. but at first id probably send out the srs module and get it reset, and get new airbags..(that would fix the blinking problem..)..

·
Registered
280 Posts
Really? I just went through this in december 07. My car was hit in the front, they left the battery attached while removing srs components, light was on when I started it. I took it to the dealer, they reset the system, no light, srs working again.
Well I can't say that what you are saying is not possible but I have never had a problem with lights before. Maybe the retarded tech risking his life and your car by working on the SRS with the battery hooked up makes the difference.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Reading owns me.... obviously the dealership owned your friend.
LOL let me put it more clearly. My friend bought it crashed, didnt take it to the stealership. Asked me if i could make a topic about the srs lights. He's repairing the car by himself.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
haha, yup

Take it back, have them fix it, unless he got a deal on it and bought it with that problem as a known and recognised issue, but I don't even know if it's legal to sell a car at a dealership with a non functional SRS system.

There's no way to turn that light off if the system has a problem besides taking the bulb out of the dash. Either have him get it fixed at the dealer, or take the bulb out.

Taking the bulb out might also not be a good idea because I believe that is also illegal if he forgets about it (either on purpose or not) and sells the car later on.
is it easy to take it out? No he's not gonna sell it, its for different purpose (the car is in europe now so...)

·
Registered
174 Posts
I just took my car to the dealer for the same issue. Except I wrecked the car myself. I don't know exactly how much it's going to cost, but if one SRS sensor goes out they have to replace that sensor plus the central SRS computer. If my insurance company were not paying for it I would just be driving with the SRS lights on.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
you gotta fix everything then pay the dealer to reset it. they couldnt re set mine but still
charged me. go figure... stupid dealer

·
Registered
280 Posts
you gotta fix everything then pay the dealer to reset it. they couldnt re set mine but still
charged me. go figure... stupid dealer
You have to fix everything but if you do it correctly the car turns the light out itself. Replace the bags that deployed, the sensor that was effected, the seatbelts if they went off because they are pyrotechnic belts, and the airbag control module. If there was a passenger in the car you may also have to replace the control unit for the passenger airbag.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts