8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
On paint I had a lot of luck spraying purple power and cleaning the area with paper towels and then using windex to remove the purple power residue. On glass I had a lot of luck using the turtle wax rubbing compound and once again removing the residue with windex and following up with rain-x. I feel sure meguiars products would have been just as effective.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Yea I try not to do it often but that one time it got them off.
I have bad luck with the people who use those brushes on the back of your car just before you enter the wash. Those seems to leave little scratches worse tha paper towels.
But I don't make a habbit of using the paper towels either either. More exposure to the brushes surely impacts the amount of scratches when comparing to paper towels.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Water spots

I used to work in detail at a Honda dealership for like 4 years, we had waterspot remover product, basically just acid and alcohol in a thick soapy form burns the hell out of your hands(wear gloves). Thats the best way P&S detail products cheap if you buy in bulk. But if you want to do it the fast way, depending on what color your paint is, you can use a power clay bar with alcohol or high power purple acid only if its a light color car in a cool temperature ( or you can burn the clear) basically don't use no rough rags will scratch.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I read in many articles and forums that instead of using such spot remover ,vinegar(mix with water) is the cheapest and easy way to remove water spots on vehicle..The acid in the vinegar helps dissolve the minerals in the water marks. I am not sure how safe it is for paint, but seems work well for water spots..

·
Registered
292 Posts
white distilled vinegar usually will dissolve hard minerals without harming the paint. this will work to remove minerals, if its already etched into paint then there isnt much you can do. wetsanding will work to certain point but then you need to compound it to removed wetsanding scratches.
try vinegar first, i think you can get it in local food store

·
Registered
76 Posts
I just use my giant leaf blower after I get done washing my car to get all the water off. Neighbors probably think I'm some sort of crazy person but it works :dancing:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just wanted to stop in and say thanks!! Picked up some of the ScratchX 2.0 the other day and it took out the hard water streaks down the side of my door from the previous owner that let it keep dripping down from the mirror. Also took out a scuff mark on the side skirts and now it looks better than when I bought it!

·
Registered
43 Posts
I use the spray on quick detailer. Seems to have a better shine and I don't have to go through the effort of waxing it or anything

1 - 20 of 60 Posts