8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what kind of bolt ons could u put in to reach that goal. my civic si is bone stock lol. Could u guys tell me what brand/model the parts r. My warranty has expired already. And no internal engine mods pls, it's my daily driver:vtec:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks guys, I cant afford super or turbocharging. And if im gonna do that, mind as well fortify the internals to get more boost. And what's tbs, img, larger TB? Mild cams? u mean cam shafts or cam gear?:thumb::thumb::thumb:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Man, internal mod, can't do that. Mainly bec. I don't know how to take out and open my engine and don't have the money to pay someone to do it. I live in Lake Worth, Florida and don't trust modding companies here (they charge very high on labor, recession is in full effect here because several big name retailers went out of business):tap::tap::tap:

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
dude sorry to tell you but even 200 whp is gonna run you some loot, you do realize that are hp rating is bench right? our cars are not 197 hp to the wheels in stock form, if you wanna stay all motor, then you have no choice but to do internals, with basic bolt ons can hit 200 and a bit more but your prob looking at a price of $1500 to $2500 to reach that. good luck with the build.

·
Registered
525 Posts
just go to the dyno where the guys at the top of the "200+ WHP club" went. You'll probably get 200 whp with a bit of Vtec juice...
/sarcasm off

In all honesty, dyno numbers are irrelevant. At least + or - 10 hp, for our cars. You'll see a lot of cars with the EXACT same mods throwing 10 hp higher than the other.

Best sounding, cheapest, and decent bang for buck is an intake. Start from there.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yeah, man Ive been looking into the same thing. And Ive found,
SRI/ CAI- 180-300
Race Header-400+
Cat Back- 400+
IMG, TBS, TBG- 197

And from looking at the 200 whp thread you can see that this is the setup most of them are running and theyre all reaching 200-217. Whp. Im personally looking at Injen SRI, Vibrant w/HFC, Greddy Evo2, and P2r TBS, IMG, TBG, ( Corsport has a package for 197). Good luck on your build.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks again. :bighug: Glad i found this forum site:thumb:. I was with another site and ask the same question about increasing hp and no one gave me an answer (0 reply, 53 views) lol. all they could talk about was rims and HIDs :pat::pat:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.