8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

21 - 40 of 334 Posts

·
Registered
11,832 Posts
Where did you get the red H's for the center caps and do they fir right over the old H?

·
Registered
11,832 Posts
bizzybearfigiblue said:
i had a friend make me the decals.....
oops sorry didn't read but do they fit over the old H if so can your friend make em for me? If so how much does he want? thanx

·
Banned
18,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
fiji06si13 said:
oops sorry didn't read but do they fit over the old H if so can your friend make em for me? If so how much does he want? thanx
idk if they fit over the original H's but it's very close to the same size.....PM sent

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
so i have a question...my wheels are already coated gunmetal when i bought them and ive been wanting to paint them dust black w/ small blue stripe..i was wondering if what prep needed to be done to the wheels before painting them, it seem as if they have a pretty think protectant coating on them and they are now curbed or chipped...in very new condition
thanx guys

·
Banned
18,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
well i would say you could still paint them as long as they're scuffed up properly

·
Banned
18,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
victor said:
How did you paint your Center caps? what color did you paint your rims? what brand of paint did you use?
the center cap process was explained in my first post....

and for info on what paint/color refer to post #8.....i explained it there....

·
Banned
18,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
ianschrd said:
Why didn't you use single stage. Single state holds up better from the brake dust and road conditions.
who said that single stage holds up better??...that just makes no sense...i went to school for painting and i used to work at two different dealerships...

and besides this was a free mod and u will never see a single stage color even close to this one:banana-wa

·
Registered
105 Posts
Bizzy... Would you be offended if I painted my rims the same exact color?? Haha. The car/wheel color combo looks amazing and I think you just swayed me from buying a new set of wheels.

·
Banned
18,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
gkelter said:
Bizzy... Would you be offended if I painted my rims the same exact color?? Haha. The car/wheel color combo looks amazing and I think you just swayed me from buying a new set of wheels.
Thanx for the compliment....

I won't be offended...I already have a few people trying to copy my color scheme....no biggie....

I highly doubt that you could get it exact b/c i don't even know if i can do that...the color was made up w/o measuring so it's kinda hard to match it....I actually planned to try and make more this weekend for some other parts that I want to paint....

I'm glad I could save you some money on getting rims....IMO the stock rims look really nice just not in the stock color....that's one of the reasons I painted them....

btw what color is your Si (assuming u have an Si)??

·
Registered
105 Posts
My Si is an 07 fiji which is why I wanna go with a similar color on the wheels. I wanted gun metal or dull bronze 7 spokes but IMO your setup looks nicer... and you're right, the stock wheel color is really cheap looking. I never realized the stock wheels could look that nice... especially with the red H emblems. That would be NICE in combination with the JDM emblems which I don't have yet either.

·
Registered
22 Posts
if i brought the car to the shop so they would paint the wheels black, how long do you think the paint would last until it started chipping off?

·
Banned
18,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
thendie said:
if i brought the car to the shop so they would paint the wheels black, how long do you think the paint would last until it started chipping off?
well idk how long they will last for u and ur driving conditions...i did mine about 17k miles ago and they still look fresh just like any rim as long as they get cleaned regularly....

i've only noticed 1 or 2 small chips....when i say small chips i mean literally like the size of a pen tip....and it's not even noticeable...

·
Banned
18,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
datbacker59 said:
if i want to put a red lip would baking twice ruin any paint?
the red lip should go on after the first color then the clear goes over the whole rim... and then it all gets baked once...

side note.... i baked mine twice not necessary but i had some time to kill...

21 - 40 of 334 Posts