8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

321 - 334 of 334 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Nice DIY. I have no experience with painting so I don't think I should try this myself. Does anyone know where I could go to getthis type of work done?
Come on bro, grow a pair. I just did my rims, well three of em anyways. Will finish the last tomorrow. I agree with the OP. This is a bit advanced but with some patience, luck, and planning you can definitely pull it off. I did plastidip my rims before which gave me some experience. The hardest part is sanding, takes forever.

Hint: do not use 80 grit sandpaper like I did. That was horrible, I scratched my rims so bad. I should have gone with the OP's advice. I wound up using the 320 grit and just using it. You can definitely get away with just using this sandpaper.

I used engine paint by duplicolor. The paint coming out at first did not look right. Not sure what went wrong, maybe I didn't shake it enough? It's not as white as the paint that came out later. I took 7+ hrs so far. If I was able to jack it up and do two tires at a time I could have finished in 1 day.

I only bought 1 can of clear coat. I actually like the matte white look, but want to make it harder for dirt to accumulate, so added just a little clearcoat to fill in some of the grooves and have just a little shine, not too much.

·
Registered
2 Posts
looks good man!!! i just recently platidipped mine cause i was bored on my day off from work i was very pleased on how they turned out.. Great DIY!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Dude you are the man

Dude. i did my rims this weekend. No pics on the car yet because my emblems arent here yet. Took me an entire sunday and i used bondo to fix the road rash. Thanks for the diy.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm not sure where to post this but I just bought a new primed bumper. Im curious if I spray paint it myself will I notice a difference compared to the rest of the car paint?

321 - 334 of 334 Posts