8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im sure this has been asked before and i searched but no luck finding any answers.
I know led bulbs will make them blink a little faster. I wonder if i run led bulbs, will parking lights as well as turn signals work just as same as OEM bulbs?
anyone has a clue?
and i dont care if people think its rice, im not asking for opionions. thank you

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
why do you want to do this, it just looks like a malfunctioning light....doesnt look good. You see alot of beat up cars with this or cars with malfunctioning signal switches or lights.

why?

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
because i want people to see me when swithing lane. more attention. extra safety and they can get out of my way or see me changing. someone cut me off two days ago that pissed me off so bad

·
Quail Man!
28,296 Posts
well, with halogen bulbs when they blink fast sometimes its hard to tell they are blinking. but you will regret it when that blinker noise just doesnt stop! trust me, mine do it.

there is no way to just replace a flasher unit since our cars dont have them. you do have to get a special led for the front one since its a dual filament bulb. but if you just replace the rear turn signal with LED the fronts will blink fast too.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i saw a local 8thgen did his car. only saw the rear.
so the clicking noise is as quick as turn signal bulbs blink?

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thank you i will try them out in the rear first.
do you think i can get a led bulbs for front oem dual filament bulbs?

·
Registered
28,275 Posts
Yeah...what I am saying is the dash doesn't make any noise.

Most cars have that, "ding-dong...ding-dong" noise, but Hondas just have a very subtle tick.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i just tested it by removing the passenger front bulb. driver side front and rear blink the same. but passenger side faster. so changing the bulbs in the rear to led is gonna work.
clicking sound changes too....

·
Quail Man!
28,296 Posts
i just tested it by removing the passenger front bulb. driver side front and rear blink the same. but passenger side faster. so changing the bulbs in the rear to led is gonna work.
clicking sound changes too....
hmm..seems like thats what i said would happen..

yes, you can find them for the fronts, they are around $50 each. and to me, if you are going for fast blinking for visibility, switching to LEDs wont help that, they arent as visible during the day (night is another story).

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yea i know LEDs are mostly for look. i already bought a set on ebay. 10 shipped. 18 leds.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Back in the days in my 95 Civic EX-T, I used to have this box that was spliced into my fusebox and it would let me make it blink faster.
The pattern used to be cool.. It used to go like this:

Blink Blink and then like 5 SUPER FAST BLINKS and repeat the two regular blinks and then the fast blink 5x's

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Back in the days in my 95 Civic EX-T, I used to have this box that was spliced into my fusebox and it would let me make it blink faster.
The pattern used to be cool.. It used to go like this:

Blink Blink and then like 5 SUPER FAST BLINKS and repeat the two regular blinks and then the fast blink 5x's
that really rice there lol

·
Registered
80 Posts
i got led's in my rears in my parking lights blink fast as **** but i dont care the red turn signals look sick as **** in the cleared headlights

1 - 20 of 35 Posts