8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
49,418 Posts
Buckminster said:
It sounds as if you leave those WeatherTechs on permanently. Do you think they could be easily removed and reapplied on a daily (if not weekly) basis?
Weathertech shades aren't like Ventshades because they don't mount permanantly. They just slide into the window channel. I would recommend leaving them on for a week until they seat. After that you can remove them and put them back on as much as you want. I love them!:thumb:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Buckminster said:
It sounds as if you leave those WeatherTechs on permanently. Do you think they could be easily removed and reapplied on a daily (if not weekly) basis?
Personally I can't see myself doing that, but they go in so easily I expect that won't be a problem for you.

I'm here in the stinkin south-east, well mid-atlantic area and we get rain often enough that I will leave mine in. Even going down the road with the windows cracked it will keep the rain and windshield runoff out of the car. I like fresh air, dont' use the AC except on the hottest/humid days.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I DIY and install a 20W solar panel with strong ventilation fan to expel the stale air from the cabin to the outside of the car. I am able to keep the cabin temperature about 10 to 15 degree C above the outside temperature of 35 degree C.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I DIY and install a 20W solar panel with strong ventilation fan to expel the stale air from the cabin to the outside of the car. I am able to keep the cabin temperature about 10 to 15 degree C above the outside temperature of 35 degree C.
Where do you vent the air to? The only ones I have seen in the past vented out a window, which kind of defeats the purpose.

EDIT: Holy old thread! Lol

·
Registered
4 Posts
The tiny solar cool window unit is hopeless. It vents the air out through the window, the idea is great, but the tiny solar cell is unable to generate enough power to push out the air. I am using a 20W solar panel with 60cfm ventilation fan to push out the air from the cabin through the opening air vent outlet came in with the car located at the both sides of the boot. For detail, you may want to refer to my ebook, with the title, DIY to keep your parked car cool with autosolavent. It is available at Payhip.com

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi,
You can use a lot of things to keep your car cool( sunshade or window visor, dash cover...) but nothing is better than parking in a shady area!

21 - 27 of 27 Posts