8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, it's time to throw the Skunk2 on my Si...however...I'm scared as hell to get under there. I don't know if I have the jack and jackstands in the right area. Can someone please confirm this:

The area with one red circle is where I jacked the car up.

The two yellow circles...are those safe to use for Jack stands?

Attachments

·
They Call me Kobe!
11,510 Posts
Those little lips you circled red are where they are suppose to be, not sure about underneath. I did my exhaust jacked up on the proper ones and felt 100% safe.
:yeahthat: where you circled red, is where you put the jack stands. you jack up the car somewhere around underneath the car, i cant remember the exact location though. should be near around the yellow circles.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just seems like it's not high enough. I rolled under there with the Jackstands at full height and wondered if I had enough clearance.

Anyway, thanks for replying fellas. I was worried as hell to get under there.

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
yeah i only have a 14inch jack but it worked perfect. but for the rears i used the cross brace directly between the rear suspension so i didn't have to do each side individually. you cant miss it it's a big flat spot. And becareful a friend of mine used the spots you have circle in yellow on his miata n they just smashed in. it's not technically a frame. Hardly any new cars use "frames" anymore it's all unibody it is a brace but not intended to support the full weight of the car. Just a precaution

·
Registered
289 Posts
I put my jack stands on the red circled tabs last week to change my MTF. When I was lowering my jack it felt like the car was just getting lower and lower even after it was resting on the tabs. It was freaking me out because I thought the tabs were folding in lol. There is a jacking point at the front of the car and the tow hook at the back is supposed another jacking point. My jack couldn't go high enough to place jack stands at the tabs and have the wheels off the ground though.

·
Premium Member
4,294,967,295 Posts
Those little lips you circled red are where they are suppose to be, not sure about underneath. I did my exhaust jacked up on the proper ones and felt 100% safe.
:yeahthat: You would be ok were you have them but I would move them to were the little lips are so you have more room and dont damage the car were you have them now.

·
Registered
597 Posts
just make sure you have your ebrake on and your car in gear. If it rolls off you're the dead one. Also, I've had cars slide off jackstands before. Don't go any higher than you have to. Block the tires as well. I always put my jackstands under the sway bars or the cross member in the back where it can not slip. Those frame rails are pretty weak, you'll likely dent them by putting the stands where you indicated.

·
Registered
11,148 Posts

Straight out the service manual

And there is where you put the jack stands.
this is what i followed when i had to jack up my car, for exhaust that i installed i backed up my car on these bad boys, 100% safe :D

·
Registered
72 Posts
There is no frame like a truck has. It's a unibody. You shouldn't use the locations you have the jacks on. The spots circled in red at the rocker panel are fully capable of supporting the weight of the car. That is what they were put there for. Yes, you can flatten the edes of them but that is fine.

Also, you aren't going to get that much height. You just have to do everything on your back. It gets a little scary as you get up toward the front of the car if just the back is off the ground. You just have to forget about it and do what you need to do.

I usually set a concrete block or stack wood on one side of the car just incase a stand did give out....you never know.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.