8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 216 Posts

·
Registered
8,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
R18 owners have long awaited buying any kind of performance mod that is made for their car. Well P2R has decided to step into the ring with their new Throttle Body spacer.

I am going to show you how to install it, sorry about the POS cell phone pics, its all I got since my camera is missing

Ok first thing first, buy the spacer, I decided to go with a site sponsor, so I went with corsport. Blazing fast shipping (2 day's) to my door. Great customer service and they keep you updated on your products constantly. Yay Corsport.

You also have to order a gasket for the spacer. Call up your local honda dealer and tell the parts guys you want the gasket that goes inbetween the Intake manifold and the throttle body. If he asks what it looks sorta like, tell him a funny o-ring.

Tools Needed:
3/8'' Ratchet
12mm 3/8" drive socket
13mm 3/8" drive socket
3" 3/8" drive extension
1/4" Ratchet
6mm 1/4" drive socket
3" 1/4" drive extenstion
Phillips Head screwdriver
Maybe a flathead
TB gasket from honda

What you get in the Box:

Ok first thing first, I don't advise doing this on a hot engine because its all the way in the back and you will get burned. That said, I pulled up to the garage after an hour of driving and started ripping crap out.

I don't have the stock intake, so your going to need to use this guide to take it out: http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/engine/134495-diy-short-ram-intake-r18-ghetto-fabulous.html

If you have mikey6p's ghetto fab intake (which is arguably better than a short ram), Remove it. However you can get the intake to look like this without the filter (sorry lost the picture of it without the filter):

Remove the MAF (its to screws, unplug it, then put the two small screws and MAF in a baggie so you won't loose or damage them).

Remove the elbo by loosening the clamp I am pointing to. You can either use a screwdriver or the 1/4" ratchet with extension and 6mm socket.

Remove the four bolts shown in the pictures below:

At this point you can lift the TB up high enough to slide the spacer behind it. It will take some work, but it can be done. Be sure to put the gasket in the grove on the TB like this (Also, you should have it sitting on there in this order; intake manifold, gasket, spacer, gasket, throttle body:

Take your new bolts (which which use a size 13mm socket and not size 12mm) and put the supplied washer on it:

I found it easiest to put the bottom left bolt on first, then the top left then the bottom right, then the bottom right. Also, I had to take a hammer and TAP on the bottom right to get it to sit in the hole right:

Bolt the intake back on
Go enjoy the increased throttle response, mid range gain, and if you have an intake increased growl...grrrrr

·
Registered
8,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I hope this helps some people, really simple install compared to all the others, just be extremely careful not to pull on the TB to hard when you take the bolts out. You could damage the Drive By Wire wires, or the coolant lines, which I plan on blocking off anway.

I take no responsibility if you damage something, you do work at your own risk, and neither me nor the 8th are responsible for stupidity.

·
Registered
8,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
do you notice a difference in how it drives? is it worth it?
The Million Dollar Question lol

To be honest, it was an impulse buy, otherwise I wouldn't have done it. I was a huge skeptic...I didn't think that it would do jack diddly. I did notice that immidiately after install, the intake sounded deeper, and the car seems to accelerate harder 1500-4k or so. I also believe throttle response was increased.

I am not the only one however, many have reported that they have felt increases, although nobody has done a dyno yet (I would if I had time).

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Yea August is when I get my big check. Plus I will be ordering some pulleys also. Wondering how much gain if any I will get. I am glad there is alot of response back from this mod and they are good. So I cannot wait to get mine :)

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
I guess that link doesn't work from the site...hmmm

www(dot)allversionperformance(dot)com
--2nd entry

free shipping and gasket...but I don't know about the bolts

1 - 20 of 216 Posts