8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any DIY install of the official Mugen Visors? I have searched but I did not find anything. Thanks in advance...

·
Premium Member
30,957 Posts
i know the replica use double sided tape not to sure about the mugen ones though

·
Registered
137 Posts
I just installed the Mugen visors over this past weekend. Funny you should post this now, because I did a search and could not find any threads on how to install the visors. The instructions are completely in Japanese, and the diagrams they have dont seem very clear to me. Specifically, the Mugen visors use two clips on each visor in addition to double sided tape. Proper installation involves installing the pins, then partially removing and reinstalling the rubber seal around your windows to secure the pins. I found a brief DIY through a google search on "mugen visor installation". I used some pics and comments through a thread on fitfreak.com. The process to install is identical for both the civic and fit mugen visors.

Personally, I had trouble trying to install the visors with the clips and then reinstalling the rubber window seal. So, I simply used the toulene packet around the window frame and installed the visors using the double sided tape only. Install came out clean and seems very secure. I've checked over the last few days to ensure that the bond between visor and window frame is still secure, and it appears to be good. So, I don't think the clips are absolutely necessary. You should have a small package of 6 clips in the box the visors came in. --Brian

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
I have the same ones man. As said above you do in fact have to remove the weathering from the door. I ended up finding a diy on an eg forum but the fit forum is your best bet. It may be hard but you might as well install the clips since you paid for everything, and to get the full effect. here is the link to the forum if you need it. Hope this helps
ZOMG DIY! How to INSTALL H.O.P. WINDOW VISORS! - JDM Honda Civic | Forums

·
Registered
222 Posts
I bought the original mugen visors and if anyone need help w the DIY.. just pm me! its not so hard to put it on !

·
Registered
923 Posts
I have the same ones man. As said above you do in fact have to remove the weathering from the door. I ended up finding a diy on an eg forum but the fit forum is your best bet. It may be hard but you might as well install the clips since you paid for everything, and to get the full effect. here is the link to the forum if you need it. Hope this helps
ZOMG DIY! How to INSTALL H.O.P. WINDOW VISORS! - JDM Honda Civic | Forums
Ah ok, thanks for the link. I can see that the Mugen clips have a design that requires the weather strip to be removed. In that case, I'll just stick with the OEM visors.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I Installed them. Had a japanese fellow guide me through the instructions. After 1st visor went up (10 mins), I finished the last 3 in 10 mins. (20 mins total time)

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone! I should get my visors in my doorstep by Monday. Hope I don't mess up during my install.

·
Registered
47 Posts
It looks like you didn't use the clips either? I didn't, and just used the toulene packet around the window frame, then applied the double-sided tape. --Brian
Umm, yes I did use the clips, if you look close you can see the head of the clip and even the clips itself through some of the pics. I wouldn't just use the tape because I don't think they'd be sturdy enough. Plus, for theft purposes the clips would probably cause the visors to break if they were "yanked off".

:hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts