8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a non si 8th gen DX model . And I got a shift light off amazon (yes I know should have just got a si bla bla) I was wondering how I can hook it up ? And where I could get the signal for the tac wire. It has a green wire to go to the tac signal red for power and black for a ground im assuming. Cord are pretty short . The "instructions don't rlly say anything and are useless any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
87 Posts
First. Why are you buying a shift light with 3 1 star reviews? Spend a little more and something that will actually work.

As for wiring it up the proper way is too get a fuse tap to get power from an unused slot in the fuse box under the dash. Ground should be attached to a another ground point if possible. I use the screw that holds the fuse box. For the tach signal you will have to splice into the tach signal wire that goes to the back of the tachometer. This take a bit of experience and knowledge to do. I suggest looking at tutorials on youtube.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tbh with you I bought the wrong one. But wanted to see how to make it work anyways . What is a good brand would recommend? And how can u tell which wire is for the tac signal ?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Brand wise I don't have any recommendations. Just make sure its got decent reviews.

As for the wiring I would try to find a wiring diagram online. It will give you the wire color.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Been looking for one forveer caint seem to find one but thank you for the help

1 - 5 of 5 Posts