8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DIY pics shows one way a member ran their power amp line to the trunk.

8th Generation Honda Civic Forum - View Single Post - How do I get Power to the Trunk?

Here is the hole where I routed my power cable. There is a small plug that comes out easily, which is located above the accelerator.

And here it is, ran through:

I took the center console out and ran the power cable below it to the back seat, under the carpet.

Here it is coming through the removed back seat:

More routing and taping, because im not picky... yeah thats a tiny distro block, but im only running 1 amp, so i dont care

Back to the trunk, along the top where the trunk meets the backseat:

Here you can see the amp, mounted upside down. I used some feet and self-tapping screws to screw it to the top of the trunk... NOT the lid. You can see the EU-700s massive magnets poking out

My fiberglass materials for my new project

And heres the first 2 layers of fiberglass laid down.

That blue stuff is tape - I am fiberglassing an enclosure to fit into the spare... I am laying down a 1.5" MDF baffle on top and finding a 5" or so deep 10" subwoofer to place in there. I should get about 1 cu feet after displacement, so space is not an issue. This is the only progress I've made so far because its SO DMAN COLD NOW. I have about 4 more layers to glass, then sanding, then sealing the top on and finding a driver.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Personally I found it easier just to run it under the door sills. The RCA and remote wire can just be tucked under without removing the sills, and I got 4 guage power wire on the other side most of the way just jamming it under, but I had to pop up the sill around where the seatbelt bolt is and remove that bolt. Then I just routed it beside the seat, and into the trunk. This is on a 2 door btw. Just seem's way easier to me.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Appreciate the DIY on running AMP wire. Was wondering myself how to do it. I also like the idea of running the wires under the center console area because i plan on running a 0 guage kit for 2 amps... thicker than 4 guage and needs extra clearance.

·
Banned
7,824 Posts
Just as an FYI, don't cheap out on the wiring. Cheap wiring can induce noise into your system. I couldn't tell you how many people we had come through the shop with that stuff.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Good job man. Clean install. I ran mine under both door sills. A bit easier for me. I want to see more pics of the end result.:)

·
Registered
20 Posts
great job, wanna see the finished product. and does anyone know the specs of the rear sub and its its possible to upgrade it to a better one and just run a single channel amp for the 8" sub?

2007si

·
Registered
150 Posts
i ran it throught where the wire harness come in to the car on the driver side use a long screwdrive and punch a hole on the side and u can push it threw. i don't like the door sills because over time it wears out the covering on the wire and can cause a shortage

·
Registered
76 Posts
By pulling that plug out and running the wire through it you risk the chance of a major fire......

I hope you put a grommet in that hole BEFORE you ran that wire through it.

After time, it's likely to rub through the insulation.....and disaster could strike!

·
Registered
75 Posts
all motor K'S said:
i ran it throught where the wire harness come in to the car on the driver side use a long screwdrive and punch a hole on the side and u can push it threw....
:thumb: i liked that idea so much i gave it a shot. it worked really well. thanks.....

·
I Beez In The Trap
24,576 Posts
8thGenAtmicBluDwnFrc said:
Appreciate the DIY on running AMP wire. Was wondering myself how to do it. I also like the idea of running the wires under the center console area because i plan on running a 0 guage kit for 2 amps... thicker than 4 guage and needs extra clearance.
I ran 0 guage through the same hole in the firewall as shown the pics. Had to bore it out to 7/8" in diameter to accomodate the grommet. Gonna need a 45 degree angle drill for that. I ran my power wire under the drivers side carpet next to the sill. There is a hole in the cross section that the seat mounts to large enough to feed the 0 guage through. Had to remove the seat belt bolt and rear armrest/cupholder panel as well. I wouldn't recommemd pulling any panels without a "panel popper" though. That's the only wire I needed to run from the front. My MTX TA7801 has a high level input that also acts as a remote turn on which i took directly from my 8" factory sub. And I now have a remote sub volume control. Worked out well for me.

·
I Beez In The Trap
24,576 Posts
GGEX said:
is that hole on lx's too because i looked but i didn't see it.

not sure... if it is there, its hard to spot so you're gonna need a flashlight. you have to look above the gas pedal to the right where the insulation is. you will need to pull back about a 3x3 piece of the insulation to expose the plastic factory grommet.

it can be seen from the engine compartment as well. that's how i spotted it. again, use a flashlight and look for a plastic circle about 1/2'' in diameter.

good luck and keep us posted:thumb:

1 - 20 of 100 Posts