8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For anybody like me who isn't having the best luck with an impact screwdriver or if you just don't want to buy an impact screwdriver,
you can just clamp some vice grips on the screwdriver you already have for some extra torque when turning the screw
or maybe if you have a nice screwdriver it might already have a hex bolster on it so you can just use your wrench.

I used this set up because I bought an impact screwdriver and it didn't work out for me and it started to feel like I was doing to much for a simple Rotor and Pad Replacement

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Try using a "punch" tool next time. Otherwise you (me) will (did) suffer. They suck. Anyway, use a punch and when replacing the screws (I'm assuming you will get new screws since it looks like you mangled the old ones), use a little bit of anti seize on them. Haven't had a problem since. Good luck
yeah I mangled the screw when I was using the impact screwdriver with a PZ1 bit instead of a JIS screwdriver bit (I ended up using a PH3 bit bc it fits amazingly well) so that's when I started to looking for new ideas on getting it out before I fully stripped it out and I'm not replacing them because of the hard time that they already gave me but thanks for the help

1 - 2 of 2 Posts