8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It might be a repost, but I'd like to help few of you who want to disable the A/C while selecting the defrost or feet/defrost.

As you probably noticed, when you select the defrost or feet/defrost button on the climate control, it automaticly switch the A/C on. That way the A/C dry the air, so it helps to defrost the windows. But in some case, it's interresting to disable the A/C if you feel it's useless.

Anyways, here's the procedure to disable the A/C while running the defrost function:

1-put the vent selector to the left (minimum available, so off)
2-put the temperature selector to the left (the coldest selection)
3-using the same hand, use 2 of your fingers to hold the recirculation and A/C button together.
4-While holding both button, using your left hand, insert the key into the ignitor, then move to the position II. After about 7 seconds, the recirculation button will flick, then another 7 seconds later the A/C button will be ON.

After that, everytime you'll select the defrost ot the defrost/feets button, the A/C light will comes on and as you wish, you'll be able to disable it by clicking on.

Good luck, and I hope this help...

·
Registered
584 Posts
cool, thanks a lot I never knew you could disable it, then again I've never opened my owners manual either.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There is nothing about that in the owner manual. I've found this on the Quebec's Civic forum and it was written for the 7th Gen Civic, but works perfect for the 8th gen as well.

Now I've to find out how to do it on my 01 Highlander.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.