8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im looking to buy a very low mile Si a co worker has, its boosted and fast as hell.

so whats the sure way i can tell if it has hondata?

i might buy his and keep mine N/A......i was going to boost mine.:dancingcoolsmiley:

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
i dont think there really is any sure fire way to tell ... some people put the hondata sticker on the ecu cover, maybe he did to? ... y cant u just ask him lol?

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
I'd likely suspect that it's tuned via Hondata. It's the only option with FI support. What else are you going to tune your boosted SI with?

·
Registered
42,510 Posts
I doubt you'll buy it, but there's one simple way to tell.

There's only 2 ways to get tuned. Either FlashPro or Piggyback (AEM, Greddy). Take a look at the ECU. If there's an extra harness between the ECU and the Main Harness, you'll know he's tuned either by AEM or Greddy. If there's no signs of that, then most likely he's tuned by FlashPro.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well the car is nicer on the outside you get in and the dash is ripped apart and his seats were shredded/smelled like mold.
Its a greddy kit he says,im kind of a noob still but man its so fun to drive and to shift lol. :dancingcoolsmiley:
it has 30K for miles new black paint new enkei rims and he wanted 15000 obo.

He told me i should just save the money and boost my ride lol.

Sorry busy getting summer classes, there is no extra harness and he has a hondata licence plate holder so i just assumed.

1st post was before i even test drove it and wanted to know what to look for before i drive it.

thanks all

1 - 12 of 12 Posts