8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
11,043 Posts
Rain will affect the temp of the pads and rotors - you want to bed in the pads to the rotors.

HPS and brembo blanks - perfect for street
I have brembo blanks and stoptech pads. They bite MOTHER****ING hard compared to stock. Stopping power is ridiculous in comparison lol.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm still having issues with my new pads and rotors I installed a few weeks ago.....I tried bedding them in but the brakes are not catching like they should be :/ I don't really know what the issue is.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I'm still having issues with my new pads and rotors I installed a few weeks ago.....I tried bedding them in but the brakes are not catching like they should be :/ I don't really know what the issue is.
No idea. I just installed Stoptech slotted/drilled rotors and Hawk HPS pads. The instructions on the pads were for me to do half a dozen or so runs up to 50km/hr and thats it.
I must say they work extremely well and I don't see a transfer layer on the disc at all.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Bedding in for over 1000 miles

I'm still bedding and breaking in my brake pad and rotors that I bought earlier in August, and they are triple drilled and cross slotted performance brakes with posi quiet ceramic pads. Its like every time I step on the brakes to brake they would squeal or make a squeak noise. Not the noise that you would need to put brake silent on the pad but it sounds very different like part of the car is making the noise, like a loud metal grinding onto something. It sometimes happen often when I brake to a red light or just braking behind a car. Can anybody diagnose this problem for me or I will have to wait to bed it in more, as my dealer for the brakes told me to do, because its on my FA5 and it gets embarrassing.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts