8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
This has probably been posted somewhere in this forum, but I don't see it in this thread. This is the reference that I have always used. This is an entire article about breaking in a car, but there is a section on bedding-in brakes, so I decided to include it!

Car break-in

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
So it's OK to drive to a staging area (with stop and go) to start the bed-in? For how long?

·
Banned
28,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
It shouldn't really matter as long as you aren't doing hard stops from 60-0 on the way there. Just try and use the brakes as little as possible before doing the bedding procedure.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Thanks.

Finally, will rain affect the bed-in process? And is there anything else required besides the new pads (rotors, if purchased)?

Thanks.

·
Registered
172 Posts
This is helpful, specially considering I have a set of 4 Xdrilled and slotted rotors and ceramic pads on there way.. perfect timeing for this post :D

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
If you are changing pads and or rotors it could be a good time for brake fluid change as well. I will be doing a fluid swap when I change out my pads and rotors here in the next few months with a home made pressure bleeder. The DIY $20 brake bleeder

·
Registered
172 Posts
There is absolutly no road around me that is even remotly long enough, straight enough, or with a high enough speed limit to do this bed in process... guess i gotta do a 1-2 am run on the highway with the 4 ways on... wonder if that will raise drunk driving suspisions.. :/

·
Banned
28,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
You don't have 55mph local roads?

·
Registered
172 Posts
... nope.. everything around my house for a good number of miles is 25-35mph .. the only "local road" is Route 100 (technically part of a highway) .. busy at all times of the day.. and thats 55mph

21 - 40 of 48 Posts