8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i have not been here for a long time but this issue has been bothering me with numerous morons telling me they all need EM1 cmc's to avoid lock out on high rpm shifts. i finally just made a video on how to properly adjust both your pedal and the factory CMC.

keep in mind that i have never tired the EM1 CMC on my car since i have never had a reason to try it. i have installed them and uninstalled them on numerous cars because people are hardheaded and don't like to listen.

please forgive me for the iphone video

****updated parts****

new pivot arm TOP old pivot arm BOTTOM

new plunger/piston LEFT old piston RIGHT

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
holy piss now i feel like a jack a$$ for buying a EM1 CMC and throwing away the stock one! so what would you suggest I do? should I just get a stock one as soon as I have the money and adjust it how you put on here?

·
Premium Member
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
holy piss now i feel like a jack a$$ for buying a EM1 CMC and throwing away the stock one! so what would you suggest I do? should I just get a stock one as soon as I have the money and adjust it how you put on here?
i highly recommend getting the updated part number but if your absolutely stuck with the EM1 which is the case with most people that have converted i have made a video on how to adjust that one.

·
Premium Member
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
someone should really unsticky that first clutch adjustment thread, i skimmed through it and its awful, no wonder people started using EM1 cmc's

·
Super Moderator
11,559 Posts
someone should really unsticky that first clutch adjustment thread, i skimmed through it and its awful, no wonder people started using EM1 cmc's
done and made this the new sticky :hatsoff:

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
will this be the same and help with the original parts in my 07? I'm guessing the clutch engagement will feel different after this..

1 - 20 of 128 Posts