8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
You should be able to push the motor back and forth by hand. Once you get the rear mount threaded, the front should be aligned.

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
push the motor from the bottom?
it's impossible to move it even with a breaker bar using support from the subframe.
What did I do wrong?

I took out these two bolts only, (front and rear)

·
Registered
433 Posts
So there's nothing in the top dog bone's place? Atleast with stock side mounts, you should be able to wiggle the bottom of the engine bit by hand. Its not budging at all?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Those mounts were possibly the worst experience of my life... on that note, it's like putting together a puzzle trying to maneuver everything into place. I found that strategically placing the jack in different areas on the motor and trans allowed me to line things up easier. The motor will move with those two mounts disconnected. Give us more info, like how many mounts do you have done so far. That front mount should have been the first mount installed and the rear mount should not have been unbolted.

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
All mounts were done a long time ago

I have innovation mounts.

As of now, I put back the front bolt back in because I gave up.

My rear mount is disconnected as of now.

How high can i jack the motor up? I was just always so scared when I did it because I didn't want to break anything lol

·
ಠ_ಠ
29,922 Posts
You shouldn't really need to jack it up. you need to push the engine forward a pretty good bit to get that rear mount out to swap it out. You can put your fut on the oil pan and grabe the subframe, you should be able to move the engine a lot. Then put the new rear mount on and bolt that down first. When the engine is pulled back to line up the rear mount the front should line up as well.

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You shouldn't really need to jack it up. you need to push the engine forward a pretty good bit to get that rear mount out to swap it out. You can put your fut on the oil pan and grabe the subframe, you should be able to move the engine a lot. Then put the new rear mount on and bolt that down first. When the engine is pulled back to line up the rear mount the front should line up as well.
actually just reconnecting my stock one :giggle:
I never bolted it back after the turbo install :laughing:

I'll try your method. I was just so scared to crack/break something lol...

·
ಠ_ಠ
29,922 Posts
You never bolted the rear mount back on after the install :shocked: I hope i read that wrong. There aren't a lot of places to get a pry bar in securely. If you break your engine by pushing on it with your foot you have a bigger problem at hand :giggle:

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Nope, we had a few more things to finish so to make the job easier we left the rear mount off.

My installer told me it wasn't needed because my new mounts are so rigid.

Been boosting hard for 3 weeks no problems lol.
The rear mount a little banged up but thats about it

I stuck the pipe that goes on the end of my jack in between the oil pan/subframe and pulled lol.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
i have hasport mounts ( trans , engine , rear ) and an innovative up front .. when i bought my innovative front mount it didnt want to line up for **** .. what i had to do was loosen the bolts on the mount itself ( where they bolt to the block ) with all the hasport mounts tight .. the loose bolts will give you enough to get the actual bolt in that goes through the center of the front mount in once its in then tighten the bolts back to the block and pull it all together ... it was a pita but this was the only solution i could come up with that would work .. i have all my hasport mounts and the innovative bolted in tight and it feels amazing .. i wasnt happy with the hasport mounts alone after i blew apart the rear mount launching my car at the drag strip .. leaving the rear mount unbolted is not a viable option .. whoever is working on your car is a retard and i wouldnt let them touch my **** again ... if the stock rear mount is that far off imagine how far off your motor is sitting in the bay from where it should be ..

·
Registered
98 Posts
When installing my innovative mounts, it was easy to rock the motor with the stock mounts... that being the reason you start with the front mount. Once you bolt in and torque down the driver and passenger side mount, the motor does not move as easy. So i guess if you still can't get this, you need to loosen the passenger and driver side mounts a bit to get the motor to rock and line up those front / rear mounts. I know you aren't necessarily installing mounts but i'm just trying to throw some thoughts out there to help you get your motor to move a little lol. Also be careful when removing and installing the bolts to the block, i stripped out a hole on the front mount trying to line things up as described by element600rr.

·
Registered
33 Posts
This is how you do it

Easiest god damn way to do it. Alignment was the fastest part for me. Getting those bolts form the motor mounts off while laying on a garage floor was a *****. Cant wait to see what its gonna take to get my crankshaft pulley off

1 - 17 of 17 Posts