8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i dont drive much , but when i do and the weather permits, i like to open her up and boost a few times from my commute from work to home nd viseversa, ( thing is i live 10 mins away) so i find myself boosting quite frequently..

on other notes, i was told not to do it everday bc the blower is run by the motor and thus im strssing the motor everyday could lead to premature failure? any truths behind that?

my friend boosts once or twice a week and still gets crappy gas milleage? i bought the sc so i can have FUNNN W IT , not to be conservative.... so i dont complain about my >180 miles per tank

but really, how often can i booost? can i do it everyday? if i do, dont take it all the wayyy up to 7-8 lbs?

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i mean i did have a few incidents where my flex pipe on my header broke and my exhaust gasket broke, but i intially thought thts bc i dont have motor mounts, im installling the motor mounts sooon enough so i shouldnt have issues after that, rightT?

·
Registered
888 Posts
idont know about long term issues but ive been boosting everyday for a year and half/30k miles with no problems so far....and my car just hit 90k

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
^^well thts long term for me,

i have 15k on the car and beeen booosted for less than 500 miles

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I see a lot of older Civics with 125,000+ miles on them and have been supercharged for 100K of those miles. And keep in mind were talking about the K20, which is one beast of a motor. Think about that...

But I was told by a professional it's basically like this: A very well maintained boosted motor will last as long or even longer than a not so well maintained stock or NA motor.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
ive been n/a, turbod, n back to n/a and now supercharged n ive boosted since the day i have had boost ive been kinda hard on the si no lie about that... i get around 180-200miles per tank also

no problems here 36,000miles

the only thing to be kinda worried about it how good is ur tune? if its good i wouldnt worry about it

·
Registered
87 Posts
ive been n/a, turbod, n back to n/a and now supercharged n ive boosted since the day i have had boost ive been kinda hard on the si no lie about that... i get around 180-200miles per tank also

no problems here 36,000miles

the only thing to be kinda worried about it how good is ur tune? if its good i wouldnt worry about it
wich configuration was your favorite?

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Its already been said...as long as u have a good tune and the motor is being taken care of, boost away.

Ive been boosted since Nov., and not a day goes by that I dont put 'er to the floor, lol.

Be careful on the base maps, tho. They tend to run lean on top.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
wich configuration was your favorite?
favorite one i would have to say the supercharger setup i have now. i love the instant power i have whenever i step on the foot feed. one thing i do miss tho is the spooling sound of the turbo n the bov sound. n not to mention the sudden jump n power... but i would give that up for the supercharger anytime which i have done

·
Banned
4,164 Posts
u bought the charger to drive the car spiritedly...

if u arent going to do that it was a waste of money..

if u are tuned right and change your oil/plugs regularly then u are fine

·
Registered
149 Posts
^ that plus there are tons of boosted cars out there that weren't initially made for it. Pay to play fits here in maintenance and upkeep, right fuel frequent oil changes and so on I would be more worried about ur clutch or transmission :D

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
oo im prepared for my clutch. it h grabssss fine, dont wanna jinx it. but i have only 15000 miles on the car, so i have a lil to go.. and i dont beat on the car or redline or downshift all the time.. when i boost, i usually take it from 2nd gear around 4000rpms and shift @ 8000rpm nd rip thru a few gears.. then take it easy for a few miles. and repeatt and so forth lol..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts