8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now we know that the MT guys from the "AT vs. MT on the Highway" thread like to cruise at about 34,953 rpm. So what about the rest of the world? How often do you guys open your R18's up?

·
Registered
7,258 Posts
lol
once in a while I do.. I like to hear the exhaust and intake, sounds so sweet at 6k
not VTEC sweet, but it just has this noise that sounds crazy.. mixes popping and back pressure, I dunno..
maybe its the particular exhaust

·
Registered
252 Posts
Ditto - once or twice per tank or week. Usually caused by traffic - meaning if I want to get there today - I need to pull in to traffic and fast.

Sometimes, when the conditions are right, say at the end of a tank and I know I've hit my target 31 mpg average for the week :laughing: doesn't feel so bad then for some reason I rip through the gears just to keep things/fluids etc from settling (as my dad would say "blow it out with a fast run") :biggrin:

IMHO (after owning an AT Civic Sedan) MT's are much more fun / more control too :thumb:

-W

PS: I traded in my AT EX Sedan for a MT EX Coupe just for this very reason - I got bored by the auto slush box (then again, I've driven a MT for some 14 years prior - call it addictive withdrawal :lildevil: )

·
Registered
7,258 Posts
Sometimes, when the conditions are right, say at the end of a tank and I know I've hit my target 31 mpg average for the week :laughing: doesn't feel so bad then for some reason I rip through the gears just to keep things/fluids etc from settling (as my dad would say "blow it out with a fast run") :biggrin:
That's how I feel too.. but sometimes i just can't help it hahahaha
but I know what you mean when you get near the end of the tank, I nearly ALMOST do the same.

As for AT and MT, MT is definitely better.. I always get an AT when I get a loaner at the dealership, it just doesn't feel the same..

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
well...i do it then i get depressed that im really going just as fast as the lady next to me in the caravan from the stop light...........................................................

·
Registered
10,957 Posts
WOT as in 100% thottle all the way to redline only once or twice in the last 6k miles. I do try and use a heavy load and run the RPM's to near redline once a month or so.

If I owned a manual trans I would probably take advantage of 1st and 2nd gear with more throttle and longer pull in the RPM's.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Way too often. Depending on the destination, probably every other time I get in the driver's seat. 66k miles and runs like it's brand new.

Usually getting on the interstate(required IMO) or when I'm by myself turning on country highway/roads where no one else can hear me. I guess I just really like the sound from the injen.

Never to 'impress' anyone, I don't like being the guy who rev's high from a light/pulling out near any traffic. I mean... it's a civic. But it is fun!

·
Purpul Plane 4ever!
40,686 Posts
All the time... in fact I'm doing it right now! :eek:hnoes:
Dont you knwo any better? or is your feble mind letting you down?

No VTEC'ing while postin!!! :xyxnervou

·
Registered
4,809 Posts
when you rev up for someone to hear you might be a ricer. i like going wot sometimes when the roads are slick cuz thats the only way i can spin the tires in the a/t. usually done on gravelly black top or from a stop light.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.