8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

how much & what dealership?

2K views 20 replies 13 participants last post by  Colin 
#1 ·
Well I want to buy my EX Coupe soon and I don't want to go in there without a good idea of what the best I can get is. So for those of you who have gotten solid negotiated quotes or have actually bought: how much did you buy for (what trim and what accessories) and from what dealership? It would be best in the Toronto area, but anything (other than US of course haha) would be helpful. I can threaten to drive somewhere else and buy it for the better deal :p!

Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
I don't think that on a brand new car that has been totally redesigned from the ground up, that you will get any kind of a deal. If you want an EX coupe, then you will be paying the sticker price I'm sure. It is still a sweet deal for $22 considering all of the standard features you get. Personally I'd really like an Si, but I don't want to wait until December and I wonder if it's worth the extra 5 or 6 grand over an EX.

#3 ·
That seems to be the general consensus going around (that there isn't much you can get off sticker). But I'm sure some dealers in T-dot are giving away something -- like window tints, 1 free accessory, etc.

On the other note, I don't think it is worth waiting. The EX is nice itself, and you can customize it wtih that 5-6 extra yourself to look better than the Si will look.

But it ain't coming to $22. $28 on the road =\.

#4 ·
Couldn't get a deal for me

I went to two dealerships in Ottawa and they were really reluctant to give you a deal on the car itself. What I did was ask for accessories and get a higher trade-in, but that's pretty much the extent of it if you want to get it now. As in other posts, if you can wait, wait. I couldn't since my car isn't really winter-ready and would cost me too much to get it winter-ready.

#5 ·
Several dealers (I visited 4) are willing to give a price below MSRP.

For a 2006 LX Automatic, I was able to get quotes between $25300 and $25800 (includes transport + PDI, A/C tax, tire tax, GST and PST). This included the rear mud guards and 3 years oil change service.

MSRP is: 20300 + 1225 ( transport + PDI) + 1200 (automatic) + 100 (A/C tax) + 15 (tire tax) + GST + PST = $26266

#6 ·
When the SIR came out they were not willing to deal aswell. They thought that they were going to sell beter then they did. When I was looking at one the dealerships wouldn't deal cause they only got a limited number in and thought they would be great sellers. Overall the car was way over priced and people didn't want to spend that much on a civic. Do you think that will happen with the 8thgens. Maybe if you wait a bit dealerships will be more willing to deal. Seems to me that the 8thgens are a bit over priced.

#10 ·
Sorry to bring this old thread up again, but I don't see people willing to post what they paid for their civic. So, I hope this time people will share their little secret here.
I'm going to buy a EX auto sedan soon, so I want to be well prepared before going to the stealer. BTW, I'm in Toronto. Thanks.

#11 ·
The markup that the dealership puts on a civic is around 15 -16 thousand... which is what you can bargain around... the salesmen / women, make a certain amount on the car in commission... it varies per model, and accessories (accessories is where alot of the money is... and the likes of rustproofing..) but usually its more of the commision range that the salesperson can give you off on the car... at least thats my understanding.

#14 ·
civic_coupe said:
SALE PRICE 18699 + freight 1225 + a/c tax 100 + gst/pst = 22827.36

23k after everything for my dx-g coupe mt. got mudguards, trunk tray(awesome accessorie), 3m chip protector, lifetime rust proofing. and a free honda tire pressure checker + coffee mug.
where did you get your dx-g civic_coupe?

I'm thinking to get 07 model, but I will get a 06 if I get a good deal. Do you guys think I can get EX auto sedan OTR for $26500 in Toronto?

#21 ·
yeah I agree, the interior protection I am happy with, but the paint protection is just wax, found a chunk of it in the wheel well during inspection. As for the rustproofing, the electronic module I will have to wait and see if it works or not, plus I can see the rustproofing spray they used, looks a little like krowns product.:thumb:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.