8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
One of my neighbors gouged up the paint on my rear bumper with their G35. I'd like them to fix it and will get an estimate once I have a chance to talk to them.

In the meantime, what's the going rate to have a bumper resprayed? As in at a fairly reputable shop.

I may do my front too . . . it's in pretty rough shape.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jeez, I just went to take pictures and leave a note. You can see in the dust on my car where they checked to see if there was damage:

And did they leave a note . . . noooo . . . .

A little close there, huh buddy?

·
Registered
521 Posts
Dude that looks so much similar to my bumper!

I was reversing back from a 15 min parking and this Jetta was reversing back as well so this is what happens: She honks, I stop, next thing I know it big ass scratch on my bumper.:sadwavy:

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Dude that looks so much similar to my bumper!

I was reversing back from a 15 min parking and this Jetta was reversing back as well so this is what happens: She honks, I stop, next thing I know it big ass scratch on my bumper.:sadwavy:
That would be her fault. You stopped and she kept coming. Just pointing it out.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Funny, they bothered to check but didn't leave a note or inform you. I think you should turn them in for hit and run. Their insurance rates will jump through the roof and would need to consider giving up driving.

What an ignorant @$$hole.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
If it costs 350 for a repaint, might as well buy a new one.

001 04711-SNX-A90ZZ FACE, FR. BUMPER (DOT) 1 2007 CIVIC 260.82 203.44 Qty:
002 04715-SNX-A90ZZ FACE, RR. BUMPER (DOT) 1 2007 CIVIC 260.82 203.44 Qty:

But I guess it'd be expensive to paint that.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well it's someone who lives in my building . . . there's only like 40 units so I don't want to start off by being a **** about it. If the car gets moved and I don't hear anything about it, I'll give the insurance company a call.

·
Registered
809 Posts
If it costs 350 for a repaint, might as well buy a new one.

001 04711-SNX-A90ZZ FACE, FR. BUMPER (DOT) 1 2007 CIVIC 260.82 203.44 Qty:
002 04715-SNX-A90ZZ FACE, RR. BUMPER (DOT) 1 2007 CIVIC 260.82 203.44 Qty:

But I guess it'd be expensive to paint that.
I write ins est's for a living. I just wrote the same type of est for somebody here about a week ago. To repair it was about 350.00-375.00 to replace was 600.00 +. Not worth replacing it. It's repairable for half the cost of replacement.

·
Registered
509 Posts
If you buy a replacement bumper from a place like hondapartsdeals.com, does it come painted?

It was so freakin icy out today and right when I braked in the left turn lane the car slid into a mazda minivan....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just an FYI for anyone getting their front bumper repainted.
If you remove the bumper yourself and bring it in you'll save anywhere fom $100 to $200 in labour. The front bumper is super easy to remove too. I'm not sure about the rear bumper.

·
Registered
970 Posts
I just had to have my rear bumper replaced... it was covered by insurance, but it would have been around $650 Canadian through the Honda dealership, including installation. Repainting is another thing entirely... have you tried calling around for a quote?

·
Registered
332 Posts
depends if the body shop quotes for blending the paint into your fenders which imo is pointless... if it was the hood. MAYBE, but the rear bumper is off line with the trunk if looking from the back and it will look different because of shade and sun direction regardless of whether the colour is identical or not... imo, with the pearls and metallics that are in the paints today, even if the car came from factory, it will look different depending on how the sun hits the paint... and most shops will be able to match pretty damn close without having to blend.. if you are going the insurance route though and it is not your fault, you might as well get it done properly as you either don't have to pay for it anyways, or you pay a set deductible.

privately, i wouldn't really bother blending into fenders, just find a bodyshop with good equip and reputation for colour matching... and yes bring yoru bumpers in yourself and it will be quite a bit cheaper.. the rear is damn easy to take off

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.