8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello im looking to get an 09 si sedan with about 17,270 miles on it non certified. the asking price is 20,994 is that too much. how much should i lower them too for price wise , or maybe otd. this is in california

·
Premium Member
19,670 Posts
It's not certified???
a lot of dealers have dropped the honda certified program and then feed the buyer some line about how its all to save them money, i dont think prices went down at all, and then they tell you how they can sell you a warranty as good as the certified program was for an additional 1500-2000 dollars.

·
Registered
10,259 Posts
a lot of dealers have dropped the honda certified program and then feed the buyer some line about how its all to save them money, i dont think prices went down at all, and then they tell you how they can sell you a warranty as good as the certified program was for an additional 1500-2000 dollars.
True that... they'll sell you an "aftermarket" warranty for as much as the HondaCare one. A HondaCare must not cost them too much money and they put a 100% markup on it. So with the aftermarket warranty, they can mark it up 150%

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
went to the dealer today, and test drove it and everything. i did the car check around found the window had a crack, scratches on the front bumber, minor scratches on the rear. they say if they replace the front windshield the car is 21500 plus tax and fees and they cant really lower it cause they say something about being rare, im like ok nevermind. i might wait for the new ones to come out instead and i could probably get a better deal with better financing

this is the car btw...
Used 2009 Honda Civic For Sale | Concord CA

·
Premium Member
7,904 Posts
went to the dealer today, and test drove it and everything. i did the car check around found the window had a crack, scratches on the front bumber, minor scratches on the rear. they say if they replace the front windshield the car is 21500 plus tax and fees and they cant really lower it cause they say something about being rare, im like ok nevermind. i might wait for the new ones to come out instead and i could probably get a better deal with better financing

this is the car btw...
Used 2009 Honda Civic For Sale | Concord CA
Rare? No No No. Look at this post and SEARCH well http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/dealership-experience/209821-list-used-sis-those-looking-one.html. Just change it to sedans if that's what you need.

Used Civic SI's for sale are NOT Rare. Show them that link to that website then ask them again "What did you guys say about this car being rare?"

I would tell them to fix the damn windshield and give me the car for 18k OTD. Freaking thieves ....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts