8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been wondering just how much it would cost to make 280na hp. So far im thinking around this much.
Boring block to 89mm=1500
Head Job, port and polish, multiange valve job= 1000
Stroker Kit, Brian Crower, Toda,etc=3500
Intake, Race header, exhasut (already got these)= 1500
Modified oil pump=300
Heavy duty clutch, or multi clutch, with lightened flywheel, about=1500
high flow fuel pump and fuel pressure regulator= 700
Stage 2 or 3 cams, thinking skunk2= about 600
Oversized valves, dual valve srings, bronze valve guides, retainers=1100
440cc injectors, and fuel rail=550
and hopefully hondata, whenever that comes out for our car or some stand alone ems=1000
so all that said and done looks like 13250
I am not quoting the prices that i have stated here, these are just estimates from looking around on different sites. I may be completley off on the total price. But anyone have any input on how much it would really cost? much appreciated.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah i was thinking about the k24 swap, but was worried the ecm. Can you use the si ecm with the k24 swap?

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
congrats on your 13th post Chris :D !!! I know this might be a long shot but trying to find a junked Si at a pick and pull or even a new TSX (which is more feasible) then go from there! And another thing.... I do believe that most if not all machine shops have the ability to bore your block for a fraction of that $1500! But hey Chris did you see that JR and sk2 joined forces to get that rotrex system up and charkin..... look into that too!

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
^lol. thank link gave me absolutelty no useful information.
do they sell superchargers?...because this thread was about n/a applications.
do they sell skunk2 products?

or is that for the redshift kit?

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
they will be selling superchargers but as to when ???? That wsa more of an FYI that skunk2 and jackson racing are partnered up and will be busting balls to make our cars faster!

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
jsb03f said:
they will be selling superchargers but as to when ???? That wsa more of an FYI that skunk2 and jackson racing are partnered up and will be busting balls to make our cars faster!
ah...now thats what i was looking for.:thumb:

·
Registered
535 Posts
280whp sounds great. That list you have there is pretty near close to reaching that goal but welcome to the 8thgen world. Where building an NA car to reach high numbers is only a dream and will never be accomplished. Why? TUNNING IS NOT AVAILABLE!

Only way to do so is a swap. Like others have said, K24/K20 VTEC.

:yeahthat:

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
^well you would be correct if there was no tuning available. but, as meantioned in the hytech thread, there is a special hondata reflash just for the setup. so no, you dont have to do a k24 block swap.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah my bud and i have been looking into the k24 block. Was thinking about k24 block with eagle rods and 11.5.1 or 12.0.1 pistons, dont want to have to use octane boosters at every fill up. I mean in my fairy tale world i would love to have over 300 na hp but that is just way too much money, at this point in time. If i gave hondata a call you guys think they could cook up a k24 flash, they tuned for hytechs 260 hp autocross si, so it should not be that far off.

·
Banned
1,422 Posts
DeVoTeD_1 said:
280whp sounds great. That list you have there is pretty near close to reaching that goal but welcome to the 8thgen world. Where building an NA car to reach high numbers is only a dream and will never be accomplished. Why? TUNNING IS NOT AVAILABLE!

Only way to do so is a swap. Like others have said, K24/K20 VTEC.

:yeahthat:
How wrong you are!!! The ECU in this vehicle is very tuneable. no one but hondata has the knowledge and equipment to do so. Hondata tuned the Hytech kit and created the reflash for it. Hondata could tune any 06+ Si and make the custom reflash, but that would be way more than what anyone would pay and Hondata wouldn't do it.

And all the Hytech kits make their power with a tuned reflash!

dammitwork said:
If i gave hondata a call you guys think they could cook up a k24 flash, they tuned for hytechs 260 hp autocross si, so it should not be that far off.
If your reflash was going to generate the business that hytech would. Unlike you AJP, and Hytech are companies developing products to make a profit. Their kits include a custom reflash that was tuned by Hondata. Hondata will be making a profit with every kit they sell. Hondata doesn't work with the public as they have stated in the past. If they cooked up a reflash for you they would be spending hours of R&D on a dyno just to sell you a $595 reflash for a 2.4 block. I don't see it happening. It's not as simple as tapping a few keys.

For Hondata and any other company its all about ROI!

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
^Hmotorsonline.com -AWESOME place. Bought the H22 for my old hatch and my buddy bought an LS from them. Easy to deal with and fast.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts