8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006, 32k (90% hwy driving) miles- No accident - excellent condition-with:

-Navi
-Stock Rims with tires
-OEM Body kit
-Auto dim interior Miror
-OEM fogs
-HFP Lowering springs

Aftermarket

-Tenzo Rims 18s w/ Pilot port Summer Tires
-HIDs
-Rear Sway bar
-Tints
-Axe back exhaust w/ custome Mid pipe
-DC Sport Header
-Wind defelectors
-Tinted reverse lights
-Painted front Grill
-OEM H Emblems

I do not think I would be selling it- just wondering what you guys think

·
Registered
522 Posts
All I can tell you is that if you plan on selling it to a dealer or most 80% of the population, they would rather have it in stock form, so probably whatever kelly blue book says. Id say 18.5k?

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
price

ley said:
All I can tell you is that if you plan on selling it to a dealer or most 80% of the population, they would rather have it in stock form, so probably whatever kelly blue book says. Id say 18.5k?

If I were to sell it even stock I would NOT let it go for 18.5! with navi and body kit hells NO

As far as selling it as is - I have spent good amount of time maintaining it and with parts- cost me easily $30K!

Now if I was in the market for a white Si with navi and the body kit which mostly anyone who gets this car would want with the rest stock..
I would def. pay- 21-22k easily- now thats just what I think...

Man if people are selling their Si sss which we all know how hard to get them especially with Navi and the body kit for 18.5 WOW thats a deal of the century- they should jump on it!

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Do a 500 mile search on www.autotrader.com and see what the private party Si listings are averaging in your region.... good way to truly judge the current resale market.

(remove the mods & sell them separately)

·
Registered
163 Posts
you may pay 21-22K but the rest of the free world, probably would not. Especially when you can land a new SI with 0 miles on it for less. As for the after market accessories your best bet is selling them separate but you will probably take a loss on that as well. If you decide to sell privately keep in mind people are cheap A$$ and will lowball you into the ground.

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
I got my Si for 19,500 - so your lucky if you can get 16k for it

·
Registered
929 Posts
Yeah, I would imagine 18-19 private would be good (maybe 20 with the mods if you get the right person) and a dealer will offer less than 18 (probably less than 17).

Sorry, you asked... the first year is always killer!

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
dealer would probably give you 15-16k, no offense

·
Registered
31 Posts
If it were at my dealership or anyones..probably worth noooo more than 20...the aftermarket stuff hurts the **** out of trade in..theyd have to take everything off an buy stock parts to replace..unless you gave all the stock parts back to them..might get more money..

you rims you will lose all the money for it if you kept them on your car..we dont care if youve got nice rims.
the d header you will lose all the money on it..
and the lowering springs..even if they are HFP..can hurt resale.

youd be lucky to get even KBB...they could buy a stock si at auction from some other bloke for less money..an then sell it for less..and still make 1-2 k profit..

how the world turns at dealerships..

definately a autotrader or craigslist car. definately.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
i was thinking howm uch my 07 wouldbe worth I would take a beating in a resale.. i really want an S2k

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
I would say around 17-18k.

Remember you can't always get your money back.

Just part out your parts and sale the car stock.

·
Registered
10,259 Posts
Why do people ask these kinda questions? I mean, I understand being curious but you ought to KNOW that it's not worth as much as you've put into it and mods will definately hurt the resale of it. I personally wouldn't buy it cause it has been modded and has almost 40K miles on it. If I WERE to buy it, I wouldn't buy it for more than 16K. For 3.5K more I can get a brand new one w/no miles, no mods, that nobody has beat up.

Sorry TS. Don't mean to pick on you, but I see posts like this on boards all the time. Go to NADA or KBB and plug in the numbers. Rate it at 'Good' if you think it's good and your pricing for private party, and rate it at 'Fair' if you want to see what a dealership would give you. It's really pretty easy. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
i knock off 2k from kbb price at what condition i believe my car is in.

Then at the dealer, just argue your trade in and new car. If you can't get at least 500 over invoice 500-1000 more on your trade in to what they are offering you, move on.

Trust me, move on. There is ALWAYS another dealership that will compete for your sale. Just save your negotiated prices on paper from the previous dealership and get the new dealership to bid 500-1000 dollars better, then go onto the next. its a dirty game, but c'mon, they play you dirty as well. If a car is so hot and selling as they 'make you believe', then ask "Oh, well if its so HOT, why is it still on the lot then?" :)

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
MMR shows that dealers are buying 06 SI at an average of $17,900. The lowest a dealer has bought one for at auction is $15,538 and the highest is $18,456.

·
Registered
7,924 Posts
$15,000. I'm sure, at least in my town, i try, mine's only 22000 miles, has HID, comptech Short Shifter, FD2 shiftbooth and knob, Ingall torque damper, and HFP aero kits.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts