8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ANyways i just wanted to know your thoughts about the hp for the next 9thgeneration civic si my quess would be 220 from the civic type r thats currently out now the current si has 197 which was taking from the ep3 type r.

·
Registered
463 Posts
technically, its the 7th gen Si, 9th gen civic.

it depends on whether or not SAE stays the same or not really. Based on the same hp ratings, you can hope for somewhere 10-25% hp gain. However, we think back to the EP3... what were they thinking? Cool lookin car, not fast at all...

·
Banned
100 Posts
Probably not more than 200. It took them 2 generations to get a 40 HP bump. What other engine will they put in there? It'll probably just be nicer.

·
Banned
2,406 Posts
i heard its gonna be like a billion and 2 HP!!!!!!!!,

nah but for real i think honda should get into the turbo/super charged compact car market and shoot for at least mid 200's

·
Banned
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
kristina_kim said:
Probably not more than 200. It took them 2 generations to get a 40 HP bump. What other engine will they put in there? It'll probably just be nicer.

The current SI has 197 THEY TOOK IT FROM THE EP3 TYPE R!!!!!! they next generation is probably my quess is gonna be 220 from the current or probably not now wut am i talking about :waiting:

·
Banned
441 Posts
dentrecords said:
I'd say the more important question is why create threads to speculate wildly about something we have no idea about?
I can guarantee you at least one person in this thread will probably know soon, but won't be able to legally say.

not me of course. :lildevil:

Edit: I would think about 155-160hp. the new accord will have a 177hp 4-cyl engine so that estimate makes sense. to me anyway.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
r18power said:
I would think about 155-160hp. the new accord will have a 177hp 4-cyl engine so that estimate makes sense. to me anyway.
So you're saying a step down from 197 to 155-160 makes sense to you?

·
Registered
630 Posts
Well, the k20z3 is behind the bleeding edge for two reasons. No direct fuel injection. This is costing us all a lot of mpg. Second, honda has admitted to creating advanced-vtec. Advanced vtec is said to go into production in 2009. Rather than having a regular cam and a vtec-cam, advanced vtec can infinitely change the lift and duration of the cam, akin to bmw's valvetronic. To see how this works, look at honda's patent filing:

http://www.vtec.net/news/news-item?news_item_id=659664

this promises to improve torque even further in NA motors and also allow for a cleaner burn... if honda blesses the k20-series with this, expect to see similar horsepower, but greater torque along the band.

·
Banned
441 Posts
jballer187 said:
So you're saying a step down from 197 to 155-160 makes sense to you?
I was talking about the non si's. perhaps that didn't register with you.

EDIT: Si's, I wouldn't expect more than 210-215hp.

·
Registered
13,281 Posts
I think with the new advanced VTEC and the addition of DFI, we are looking at 15% more power (not so much the VTEC but DFI) so that puts us at around 226 hp and at least (because of the new vtech) 160 lbs/tq. However, that 160 lbs (or most of it anyway) will be available in a larger RPM range. If they up the displacement too, then we could see 250 hp. This is all hoping, but this is my guess of what will happen and the results of said changes.

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
jeremy0203 said:
nah but for real i think honda should get into the turbo/super charged compact car market and shoot for at least mid 200's

and go to the dark side. i like being n/a. we are pretty even with the supercharged cobalts and tc's so y add the f/i. keep us even with the f/i guys so we can slap on a turbo or supercharger and whip there butt. my .02

1 - 20 of 23 Posts