8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,398 Posts
That's a real good price for the entire HFP kit but I wonder what the quality is...

Depending where you go I'd say another $400-600 to paint all of them, maybe more. Plus the paint job may not match your car exactly.

·
Registered
375 Posts
aight cool thanks guys.
DON'T get this lip kit. My friend got this one except from an ebay link. It had the same picture of a taffy FG2 on the link. When he got the lip kit it seemed fine, but when he put it on one side skirt was too short and didnt cover what it should. But honestly other than that i think the front and back are usable with some slight imperfections. Just throwing that out there so you don't get too disappointed if you decide to still get it.

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
That same kit was only $390 three weeks ago. They just upped the price recently. I almost bought it but went real HFP instead. There is a member on here with the replica front lip only.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
DON'T get this lip kit. My friend got this one except from an ebay link. It had the same picture of a taffy FG2 on the link. When he got the lip kit it seemed fine, but when he put it on one side skirt was too short and didnt cover what it should. But honestly other than that i think the front and back are usable with some slight imperfections. Just throwing that out there so you don't get too disappointed if you decide to still get it.
dam thanks for the heads up. yeah im not going to get it. rather buy it straight from honda and not have to worry about imperfections like that. or if they mess up my paint job. i got some research to do now lol. i see a lot of hfp lip kits going for around 950. hopefully i can find some around 900. thanks to all

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
i bought my whole hfp kit over a year ago for just under a grand.950 sounds about right if you price it hard enough.

·
Registered
375 Posts
dam thanks for the heads up. yeah im not going to get it. rather buy it straight from honda and not have to worry about imperfections like that. or if they mess up my paint job. i got some research to do now lol. i see a lot of hfp lip kits going for around 950. hopefully i can find some around 900. thanks to all
Glad to help! :thumb:

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
wow im getting hard just looking at what my si could look like. very clean too. thanks a lot for those pics

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
wow im getting hard just looking at what my si could look like. very clean too. thanks a lot for those pics
no this is what im most proud of.

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
i got rid of the dcrh and now have the vrh. thats the only difference.

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
envy is bad. a lot of ramen was in my past. Fortunatly the military pays well and its steady income so i can rely on the paycheck each month and plan ahead on mods. without tax payers none of my car wouldnt be possible. so in actuality thanks for my car. i keed i keed. If you have any questions on the car pm me. Im always on here.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
wow well congrats on what you have. my car is a work in progress. going to take a couple years to get what im planning.

·
Registered
628 Posts
i know the real hfp kits you arent supposed to paint. at honda there isnt a time for the job. because of it being plastic they dont paint it just replace it. somebody backed into my car and my rear lip had a few scratches and i got a new one

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
wow well congrats on what you have. my car is a work in progress. going to take a couple years to get what im planning.
its taken me almost 3. like i tell my friends. this did not happen over night. they all have 08's. It takes time and a lot of sacrifice. If i had to do it over again somedays i think it woulda been better to just pay the car off but then when i walk up to the car in the morning or hear the whine i say f that and am glad i poured the money into it. I hope you find a job tho. I enjoy the af. Im not a recruiter and have one of the best jobs in the af so thats why i enjoy it. Lots of people dont like the military life. All they do is ***** all day.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
yeah if i would join the military it would be in the AF. your experiences must have been great. i just got my si in august and ive done springs and a SRI. but yeah thats good that you enjoy your car as do i.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts