8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, i think i went overboard when i first got my car.
How much do you guys spend on keeping your car clean and protected.
I go through this much every year im estimating
Meguires synthtic wax-1-30$
meguires polish-1-20$
Meguires black trim detailer-1-2 bottles-20$
Some interior dashboard polish-1-10$
Tire shine-6 bottles-60$
Carsoap-1 BIG bottle-20$
windex-1bottle-5$
Scotchguard-1 bottle-10$
Cut polish for small scatchs-10
plus about 30 dollars worth of microfiber towels,rags, and wax applicators. -30$
Total-200$/YEAR. does this sound about right??? seemed kinda high when i was adding it up in my head at the local car shop. But i guess thats the price to keep your car in prestine condition.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
lol damn^

to the OP, thats fine if u ask me. i did mine little by little. today i ordered more microfibers and last week i spent $50 ordering a new wash mitt, drying towel, car soap, detailing spray and applicators. all these coming from Meguiar products some online and others i got at Walmart.

if u want ur car to look nice, u gotta spend a little lol.

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
I probably have several hundred dollars tied up in just waxes, sealants, polishes and interior/exterior car care. I also have a Porter-Cable random orbital buffer and many pads as well. Add in about $150.00 in microfiber towels, and it quickly adds up. Thus is the price for perfection. If you are anal about your car, you will buy quality products to make it look good and last.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
I've bought about $150-$200 so far in Zaino products, and about another $100 in microfiber and mitts and tire/wheel brushes etc... and i've still got more stuff to buy... just staggering it out so as not to hit the bank too hard!

·
Registered
637 Posts
I probably buy $100 worth of cleaning stuff a year - Meguiar's NXT Wax, Polish, MF towels, wash soap, wash mitt, Meguiar's NXT Detailing Spray, glass cleaner, Meguiar's Hot Shine Tire Spray, etc. But that's for 2 cars and I can only wash from March - November due to Winter.

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
Probably have $200 worth of cleaning supplys in my trunck right now. LOL It isnt that big of a deal to us car nuts. Now my wife on the other hand thinks its a little over board but whatever.

·
Registered
728 Posts
I've only had my car since February and I probably have about $300 worth of detailing stuff. Spent about $100 the other day on some neat toys from autogeek.

I've also got a bunch of OTC waxes (Black Magic, NuFinish, Mothers, Megs #26) since I don't have patience to finish one bottle before moving on to another. I think I'm gonna switch to some of the more exclusive boutique stuff like Poorboy's or P21S.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts