8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 293 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to you guys, how much did you guys get your used Si's for..? How did you go about negotiating with the dealer? Any good tips? Anything I should look out for? Anything I could do to lower the price..? Let me know guys !:wavey:

·
Registered
488 Posts
Some dealers will act like they have gold and others know it's just another car. The place I went took $500 off if I bought the car that night, then the finance department took another $800 or $900 off if I went with a loan because they get a kick back. I already paid most of it off and the interest hasn't even come close to the savings.

·
Registered
2 Posts
your best bet is doing ur homework on the car before buying it and be secure of yourself when neg a price i got an 08 Si with navi and 29k for $16k certified at Paragon Honda

·
Registered
55 Posts
I got my certified 09 Si with about 26k miles for 16.5k++, sticker price was 21k! I negotiated with the dealership thru email so I had everything settled before I even walked in the dealership. (dealership was 4hrs away and it was the only 09+ TW Si in FL for sale)This way they couldn't pressure me with their BS.

Signed the papers after inspecting the car and test drive. Hassle free :)

·
Registered
12,239 Posts
$18K FA5 no navi ~17k miles. After taxes and intrest on the 60 month loan, i'll be paying around $24K...:facepalm:

there was no nogotiation at this dealer. i really wanted the car though. if you've done you research, and know what you want, you wont be disapointed, GL OP

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
My friend just traded in his 06 RSX-S with 65K miles and he got $12K for it. The dealership now has it for sale for $16.5K

·
Registered
815 Posts
bought my 08 FG2 with no navi in 09 with 16k miles on it for 16,900 out the door that's what you get for paying in cash :giggle:

·
Registered
56 Posts
I paid $17900 for my 07 fa5 with 40k. After taxes and extended warranty and everything it was probably $20k. I probably got ripped off, but I had to buy a car that day :-(

Sent from my PC36100 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
12,545 Posts
I paid $17900 for my 07 fa5 with 40k. After taxes and extended warranty and everything it was probably $20k. I probably got ripped off, but I had to buy a car that day :-(

yea they got you with some extra bullshyt that you really don't want, if you do your own basic maintenance...

when I bought mine, it was my first vehicle purchase and I was so damn excited that I didn't pay attention to wtf I was signing.. ended up taking the papers back a few hours later and getting $2400 of bs warranty off my loan.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Yea I had a 99 grand am that was pouring oil out the oil pan and I think I was in the frame of mind that if anything happens to this car I'm screwed. So I paid the extra, but it is a 4 year warranty and everything is covered beyond regular maintenance. Still probably too much though

·
Registered
56 Posts
Oh and it already has an injen cai skunk2 megapower r exhaust and motegi rims with bfg gforces on it

·
Registered
30 Posts
I got my certified 09 Si with about 26k miles for 16.5k++, sticker price was 21k! I negotiated with the dealership thru email so I had everything settled before I even walked in the dealership. (dealership was 4hrs away and it was the only 09+ TW Si in FL for sale)This way they couldn't pressure me with their BS.

Signed the papers after inspecting the car and test drive. Hassle free :)
how did you go about negotiating through email? Most of the FA5s I've been checking out online are typically 50 to 100 miles away, so its hard to check them all out in person. Thanks.

1 - 20 of 293 Posts