8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
15,798 Posts
Over 2 years of 14 lbs of boost and I've never had a single mechanical issue with my car. Definitely a good install tune make all the difference (Vit is fantastic).

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Same thing here I also have a K20Z3 and was going to shoot for 320hp with turbo water/meth injection. How long do you think the stock internals will hold up? Thanks in advance...
:deadhorse: :facepalm:

Water/Meth injection is pointless under 600HP. These motors are capable of making plenty of power stock without the hassle of meth injection.

The stock internals on a K20z3 will hold 400+HP with a good tune forever.

Spend the money on beefing up your transmission. :)

·
Registered
14,808 Posts
:deadhorse: :facepalm:

Water/Meth injection is pointless under 600HP. These motors are capable of making plenty of power stock without the hassle of meth injection.

The stock internals on a K20z3 will hold 400+HP with a good tune forever.

Spend the money on beefing up your transmission. :)
This, especially bolded.

·
Registered
350 Posts
If you get a good kit with a good tune you can run 400hp for years and years. I suggest against meth injection.
Completely agree meth is pointless we can make 450 so easy on pump with the k20. Plus meth is super corrosive. Vits is a hell of a tuner. Yep tranny will go log before the engine. I have 16 months boosted on my tranny(10 months at 380 whp and 6 on 11psi 450 whp). Just blew 4th up 3 weeks ago :facepalm:

·
Registered
427 Posts
Completely agree meth is pointless we can make 450 so easy on pump with the k20. Plus meth is super corrosive. Vits is a hell of a tuner. Yep tranny will go log before the engine. I have 16 months boosted on my tranny(10 months at 380 whp and 6 on 11psi 450 whp). Just blew 4th up 3 weeks ago :facepalm:
Was waiting for someone to mention that Meth + Aluminum = bad, haha.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a fg2 civic with stock transmission and I want to get a turbo kit. Is the stock transmission good enough to hold up with a turbo? And also what’s the best turbo kit for 1-2k?

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
I have a fg2 civic with stock transmission and I want to get a turbo kit. Is the stock transmission good enough to hold up with a turbo? And also what’s the best turbo kit for 1-2k?

If your asking this question you don't need to turbo your car. you realize like 99% of people run stock transmission but upgrade the clutch and maybe flywheel. You should have read all about this already and know the weak point in the Si. Also there is NO COMPLETE turbo kit for 1000 or 2000 dollars. Not going to happen. expect to spend 3500 and up for a quality kit. Not the EBAY special you have to mod the entire kit to make it fit. Also don't forget you need hondata to tune all this another 500 might as well upgrade the fuel pump so you don't run out of fuel on dyno. another 110. You can run stock clutch but will be a extremely limited so you will upgrade it another 500. Then a dyno tune or etune another 650. So there is alot more but those basic parts will get you going. OH almost forget don't do this and not run gauges. Aem truboost(electronic boost controller) and AEM wide band around 450 for both

Also are you installing all this yourself if not then just add another 1500-2000 for a shop to install all these parts.

Do the math your 2k is not even close to enough to get this done. Turboing your car is a big commitment there is alot more once you do and you will love your car more after this just don't think its a cheap endeavor to obtain

21 - 28 of 28 Posts