8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok thanks..not looking to run much only about 7pounds just wanted to make sure before I purchased a kit and found out the hard way

·
Registered
14,808 Posts
Ok thanks..not looking to run much only about 7pounds just wanted to make sure before I purchased a kit and found out the hard way
You will be more than fine on just 7 psi for a very long time. A guy on here was making 490whp on his stock block at 13 psi with a GT35 and the stock motor lasted 40k miles boosted before it blew.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Brings me to my next question.ive been researching different kits.im not trying to go crazy.does anybody know any with the turbo specialties kit.ive heard some good things and some bad things but not much of either

·
Registered
14,808 Posts
Brings me to my next question.ive been researching different kits.im not trying to go crazy.does anybody know any with the turbo specialties kit.ive heard some good things and some bad things but not much of either
Do not buy a new TSI kit. Not worth it at all. There are so many other better kits available. Look on this site, just googling it will not get you good results. Check out PRL, synapse, full-race, SRT. They have good stuff available.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not questioning you just want to know why the tai kit isn't any good is it not reliable or does it not make much power

·
ಠ_ಠ
29,922 Posts
Not questioning you just want to know why the tai kit isn't any good is it not reliable or does it not make much power
Log manifolds suck, they have really restricted flow and its easier to have issues with them

The charge piping is small and bad, the intercooler is small as hell. The downpipe is restrictive. The oil return line they give you is a horrible design. It was a good kit when nothing else was available. I realize the 3.2k price tab is nice but your better off getting a used kit for 4k or fronting 5k for a good kit.

You will regret buying a new greddy or TSI kit. It doesn't make nearly as much power as other kits out there, your limited to right around 300 hp with the stock turbo. And the stock turbo is internally gated and power will fall off up top (end of the rev range)

To answer your first questions, just get a good kit, and a good tuner and you can run 300-400hp on a stock block for a long time. You may run into trans issues as others have stated.

·
Registered
14,808 Posts
Log manifolds suck, they have really restricted flow and its easier to have issues with them

The charge piping is small and bad, the intercooler is small as hell. The downpipe is restrictive. The oil return line they give you is a horrible design. It was a good kit when nothing else was available. I realize the 3.2k price tab is nice but your better off getting a used kit for 4k or fronting 5k for a good kit.

You will regret buying a new greddy or TSI kit. It doesn't make nearly as much power as other kits out there, your limited to right around 300 hp with the stock turbo. And the stock turbo is internally gated and power will fall off up top (end of the rev range)

To answer your first questions, just get a good kit, and a good tuner and you can run 300-400hp on a stock block for a long time. You may run into trans issues as others have stated.
Yes to all of that!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
what about for exhaust i have a skunk2 cat back. did you guys leave the stock cat,install a high flow cat, or a straight pipe. im leaning towards straight pipe and eliminating the cat but im not sure how it would sound i dont want it to sound "riced out"

·
Registered
14,808 Posts
what about for exhaust i have a skunk2 cat back. did you guys leave the stock cat,install a high flow cat, or a straight pipe. im leaning towards straight pipe and eliminating the cat but im not sure how it would sound i dont want it to sound "riced out"
All good kits, like the ones I suggest, have downpipes that eliminate the cat, and bolt directly to your cat back. Being that its turbo, even with a skunk2 exhaust the car will not be CRAZY loud. The turbo is in the exhaust stream and muffles the sound a bit.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Same thing here I also have a K20Z3 and was going to shoot for 320hp with turbo water/meth injection. How long do you think the stock internals will hold up? Thanks in advance...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts