8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have 35K miles (mixed freeway/street) and I was wondering what other members here were getting from their Si's?

I have a 08 FG2, btw. Thanks.

·
Registered
878 Posts
I have close to 30k and I'm HARD on my brakes. A few an autox here, and just lots of back road twisty driving.

·
Registered
809 Posts
I just rolled over to 50k. Still has stock brakes. Bought it new from dealer, only had 100kms on car. And I'm not exactly easy on brakes. My 03 Civic LX, I went through pads and rotors every 3 months.

·
Registered
846 Posts
wow, this is good to hear.

my dealer stated that the only thing they recommend outside the MM is to do brake service every 20k miles

did any of you guys do this, hear about this, etc?

·
Registered
455 Posts
I just rolled over to 50k. Still has stock brakes. Bought it new from dealer, only had 100kms on car. And I'm not exactly easy on brakes. My 03 Civic LX, I went through pads and rotors every 3 months.
Every 3 months?!?

This makes as much sense as your claims that you get 40+ mpg...

·
Registered
356 Posts
(06 si) got brand new, have 50k and I just recently had to change the pad but actually they could of went for a little while more still had pad left on them and weren't squealing... and that includes two trips to the dragon

·
Registered
982 Posts
just before 50k had all 4 pads, calipers, and rotors replaced ( if i can remember )
uhh...expensive is what i can say.....$650 for it all and that was a discount lmao

i guess breaks for our cars are hard to find?
no?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hi all,

I have 35K miles (mixed freeway/street) and I was wondering what other members here were getting from their Si's?

I have a 08 FG2, btw. Thanks.
I just went over 113K and still have original brakes and rotors. Last inspection still had over 50% left on pads.

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
Search, this has been asked before, basically it depends on your driving style, some peoples haven't lasted 20k while others last 50k+. Mine lasted about 35k

·
Registered
809 Posts
Every 3 months?!?

This makes as much sense as your claims that you get 40+ mpg...
The lx didn't have ABS. Big difference between the two. And I wasn't claiming anything, its fact. Got the same gas milage with my 03 LX and my 04 SI. If you need advice on how to drive your car, let me know.

watch what say to ppl.

·
Registered
809 Posts
okay, why would you buy no calibers when you do your breaks? Unless there is something wrong with the calibers, a lot of money wasted.

·
Registered
800 Posts
28k on my Si and the fronts look to be about 50% left and the backs look like 90% left!

Manual tranny and DD = brakes last forever!

·
Registered
347 Posts
wow, this is good to hear.

my dealer stated that the only thing they recommend outside the MM is to do brake service every 20k miles

did any of you guys do this, hear about this, etc?
the dealer recomends this to keep the brake system workig at its best. The service is an inspection of the brake system a cleaning and lube of the slide pins and reassembly.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts