8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a pr.and then I hear that I will need 2 sets.
My skunks will be here to day and in a mouth or so my springs
so im saven all stuff till then

·
Banned
3,565 Posts
NIGHTHAWKSI said:
front camber needs ONE PAIR of bolts to adjust
rear camber needs ONE PAIR of camber arms to adjust
You are wrong and right.

If you use the stock bolts on the front (two on each side) then you cannot adjust the camber. In order to adjust the camber on the front, you will need to install either one or two adjustable camber bolts on each side. Installation of two camber bolts on each side will increase the level of adjustability. If you want some adjustability, get one set of camber bolts, if you want more adjustability, then get two sets.

For the rear, you are correct in that only one set of camber arms are needed. SPC and Skunk2 have adjustable ones. I've installed both and personally like the Skunk2 ones better.

·
Banned
3,565 Posts
Getting -1.5 camber on the front will depend on how much you are lowering the car. I'd get another set of bolts just in case.

·
Banned
3,565 Posts
Well, the poor mans solution to adjustability is to just elongate the holes on the bottom of the strut where the stock bolts connect. That way you would not have to spend anything on adjustable camber wobble bolts and yet have the same or more adjustability. :biggrin:

·
Registered
649 Posts
blueroadster said:
Well, the poor mans solution to adjustability is to just elongate the holes on the bottom of the strut where the stock bolts connect. That way you would not have to spend anything on adjustable camber wobble bolts and yet have the same or more adjustability. :biggrin:
a pair of camber bolts is only 35 bucks, and probably easier to specifically adjust.

of all the things we waste money on for our cars, 35 bucks is chump change to spend on something as important as adjusting camber.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well i just got 1 pair for now. Had I even had a clue that I would need
2 pair I would have figurd that in the saving prosses.I got my skunks to
day,and was saving for springs.Just now I gots to get 1 more pair of Ingalls.
Im just tryen to pay cash for mods.That way Im not diggen a debt hole,
like so many people do.Besides I think is more exsighting to hold on to
those well ernd parts till your masterpice is ready for instal.
Sorry for the ramblin I work 3 jobs and I start a new day at 1130 pm.tonight
so I cutten in to my nap time.

·
Banned
3,565 Posts
asdf0123 said:
this is the first i've heard of 2 in the front... i got a good deal on front and back...and i had the front laying around since i ordered it weeks prior.
If you have a shop manual, the use of two in the front is also mentioned there. It says that you can either use one on each side or two on each side for more adjustability.

·
CHOO-CHOO!!!!!!
14,929 Posts
I'm only using one set up front, and it seems to be working just fine. Of course, I'm not adjusting my camber on the fly either.

·
Purpul Plane 4ever!
40,686 Posts
1 pair of ingalls camber bolts on he top mounting hole will get you to -1.5 camber. Im running that right now.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Nomar06 said:
1 pair of ingalls camber bolts on he top mounting hole will get you to -1.5 camber. Im running that right now.
Is your car lowered? I hardly got -0.5 degrees of camber using only one bolt in either hole.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts