8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
7,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. Just wondering how many people are interested in a body kit for their Civic, be-it Coupe, Sedan or Si. If you are interested, please state whether you would like a cleaner, simpler and classier look, like previous JDM kits or something a little more aggressive, like widened and flared fenders, etc. Or would you guys prefer a lip kit? I know there are the HFP kit and the Import Trenz kit but I'm honestly not really feeling either of those and wanted something a little different. Something that would really accentuate the body lines. I contacted Accolade at body-kits.com, who has also posted Photochops of upcoming kits from the company here:

http://www.8thgencivic.com/honda-civic-forum/188-civic-aero-kit-concept.html#post4748

http://www.body-kit.com/hon06civicnsr.html

I'm going to be working with Dimantha Jayawardena,
Chief Designer at Accolade's Design Division, to see what we can come up with and basically submit a few designs for his consideration to actually build them. I've got a few ideas and he told me if it's clean and valid, they'd build them but I need to know first if the interest is there. I'm going to be posting over at TOV as well. Just trying to get a feel for what everybody wants and I wanted to really contribute to this car, despite not even having it. I've really fallen in love with it. No, I don't work for any car company, I don't have my own business. I'm just a regular dude. :cool: lol

If anyone would like to give me a hand, especially using Photoshop, I'd appreciate it. Thanks,

Montee'

Also, here's the link to Accolade's Design Division. http://www.bodykitconcept.com/bkc/

Accolade doesn't just sell their own kit, they also sell a few other kits on the market.

·
Registered
18 Posts
is it just me or does that look like a Hondified tc? maybe TOO clean??

the gold on red does look pretty good tho

·
Banned
7,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lol...Hondified tC....

I dunno. I'm going for something a little different. I want to flare the front and rear bumpers a little. I'll try posting something tomorrow and if I can't do it tomorrow, it'll be Monday morning. I'm gonna do this old school and hand draw them first, and have my girl scan them in for me at work (I left mine in Maryland :()

·
Banned
7,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This isn't just for me. These are mass production kits. I'm trying to find out what people want but doesn't seem to be much feedback on here.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
even i wanna look the tsunai full front bumper... i love it on my 7thgen... when it was alive...snif snif
lol

·
Registered
321 Posts
Personally, I would like to see a tapered nose like on the RSX. I believe Importtrenz.com already has that.

I also would like to be able to put the red Honda (H) symbol from the 2002+ Integra Type R on the bumper. I doubt there will be any authentic red (H) symbol for the Civic coupe unless the Si somehow makes it to Japan as the Civic Type R.

·
Banned
7,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm going to try posting a few tomorrow. Couldn't get the scanner today. So far I've got 3 for the coupe and 2 for the sedan, but I'm working on another sedan kit. I dunno how many Accolade will want to do, but I'll try to do at least a front quarter view and a rear quarter view of at least 5 designs for both models and you guys can decide which ones you'd like me to send to Accolade. I'm hand drawing these first so it won't take so long for me to post and then I may work on the Photoshopped versions.

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
i want a kit for the sedan if u can wholesale them to Canada

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
hey velocity.... whats the price for the whole kit?
and the shippin to 78040
do u have pics of the parts? (not chops)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts