8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a little over 28k miles on my original tires right now and it looks like they have quite a bit of life still. I'm just curious how many miles people are getting out of their stock all-season Michelin MXM4 Pilots. I can't wait to replace these tires with something better.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Mine started to crack and had it replaced at just a little under 2 years old with 34,xxx miles. Bought the Hankook V12 Evo. Noisy and harder ride but more grip and maybe same lifespan...Maybe

·
Registered
809 Posts
I am at 47k. Still good as new. Lots of tread. Should last a few good seasons before you need to worry about replacing them. Unless you want a different tire, sell them while they are still good and get something for them.

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
it really all depends on how much and how hard you drive.....if you like taking corners and exit ramps to the limit you'll have lower tire life.... Also if well drivelikeyoustole it 1st and 2nd a lot you'll have lower tire life. Tire pressure also plays a big factor...

·
Registered
809 Posts
it really all depends on how much and how hard you drive.....if you like taking corners and exit ramps to the limit you'll have lower tire life.... Also if well drivelikeyoustole it 1st and 2nd a lot you'll have lower tire life. Tire pressure also plays a big factor...
I always keep 34psi in front, and 32psi in back. She's lvl and drives good, sticks good. I'm a little aggressive, but tires still got lots of life.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
My wife usually drives the Si anymore since I got a Speed3 but she doesn't drive spiritedly or anything so these tires are going to last forever. :(

I don't want to try to sell them now though...doesn't really seem worth the effort. I'd like to eventually get some stickier summer tires like the Star Specs or V12 Evos.

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
I always keep 34psi in front, and 32psi in back. She's lvl and drives good, sticks good. I'm a little aggressive, but tires still got lots of life.
keyword in that is little lol I love exit ramps and abuse my tires.... And do ALOT of highway driving I'm at 66,xxx mile and need to replace 2 tires this is my 2nd set including the oem ones

·
Registered
227 Posts
I agree. Tires can last a long time if you want them to.

·
CHOO-CHOO!!!!!!
14,929 Posts
I think I replaced mine around 52,000 miles.

·
Registered
809 Posts
keyword in that is little lol I love exit ramps and abuse my tires.... And do ALOT of highway driving I'm at 66,xxx mile and need to replace 2 tires this is my 2nd set including the oem ones
lol. lucky for me, my car is a lease. So I get 5 years warrenty on the tires. They'll replace em hands down even if I did burn them up. I just choose not to. lol. Our exit ramps here where I live are nothing, long stretchs at most. Which is fun to whip down, but if there is a cop sitting somewhere, then I'm screwed. Almost got caught the other day. lol.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts