8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 9500 miles on the mich. summer tires and they need to be replaced in another 1000-1500 miles I think. I do run the dragon every wkend hard and I know that eats them up but I wondered how many miles others have on the same summer tires?:coffee:

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
5,700 and still strong lol

when i got my rims changed at the dealership last month they just rotated them for me.

·
Registered
61 Posts
After 15K miles my OEM Michelin's in the front were at 10% and the rears at 30%. This was after rotating them once.

My second set: Kumho AST with 12K miles the fronts are at 20% and the rear at 50%.
Just bought a new set of tires and wheels for the winter but will put the Kumho's back on in the spring and use the rest of the tires.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do I have a complaint then? I do run them hard at the dragon but you guys sound like you got a lot more rubber than I do. Would the dealer just tell me to go pound sand or what?

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Wow, why is thers such a large variance between tire longetivity??
some guys say 9500 miles, while others get over 30 000miles??
Whats the deal on this??

·
Registered
6,717 Posts
mine last about 3 months or 5000 miles, whichever comes first..

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
pks17 said:
Wow, why is thers such a large variance between tire longetivity??
some guys say 9500 miles, while others get over 30 000miles??
Whats the deal on this??
I'd like to know too. My All-Seasons still looked as good as new when I took them off (at about 17k miles) with PLENTY of tread before the wear bar. But I see some people saying they can't get 10k out of them....

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
People who run the Dragon and those that don't, also a/s tires vs summer tires. I have 9500 and they arn't ready to take off yet but after I run the Dragon again this wkend they will be at or below the wear markers.:vtec:

·
Registered
6,717 Posts
Im doing the MAD DRIFTIN SON!!!

·
Registered
378 Posts
I've got the Michelin summer tires and I just hit 31K miles. On Saturday, the dealer told me I still have 40% tread left. i think he may be smokin crack, but I am really shocked that the tires have lasted this long. I do a lot of highway driving and keep the psi up, so I think that has a lot to do with it.

·
Crazy Yellow Puppet
26,930 Posts
Izzy said:
I'd like to know too. My All-Seasons still looked as good as new when I took them off (at about 17k miles) with PLENTY of tread before the wear bar. But I see some people saying they can't get 10k out of them....
It's all in how you drive. I drive like my grandma 99.9% of the time. I get a lot of miles out of my tires.

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
CameronJr9 said:
It's all in how you drive. I drive like my grandma 99.9% of the time. I get a lot of miles out of my tires.
I can understand that, but a 20k discrepancy? LOL. Meh, I firmly believe you can't get rid of the MXM4's fast ENOUGH. I was dismayed when I saw how much wear was on it when I took them off. Hehehe.

·
Registered
303 Posts
it depends on how you drive and like you said yourself...you romp on your tires. I have 23k on my car, have spun the tires once and drive the car semi-hard daily.

like I said before...it's all how you drive

1 - 20 of 31 Posts