8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

61 - 63 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
I think ive come close to hydrolocking with the stock intake lol. was doing a full throttle pull in the rain and hit a huge puddle, I had no fender liner either so water probably got everywhere. had to baby it for like the next 5 miles

·
Registered
1 Posts
CAI for 5 years.

Although it's not too often, hydrolocking can happen. There are plenty of guys coming on to different forums talking about how it happened to them. I'd say (depending on how low you are) at stock height, it would take a full 6-7 inches of water to kill your motor. It's a risk you take. It's like being slammed and having to choose your path wisely. If it's pouring out, rain will collect on certain roads or areas and you need to just avoid them. All I say is be smart. It does happen and it can easily happen. Just be smart and keep your eyes open.
Thank you this post was helpful. I was deterred from getting a performance intake due to the risk of hydrolocking but i was never sure of how much water would need to get into the engine to actually cause significant damage. looking to get a k&n 69 series for the 2007 r18 motor

61 - 63 of 63 Posts