8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Si-Onara
5,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was reading somewhere that the DCRH where it was ceramic coated and not stainless steel that it wouldn't last very long. IMO i think that is bull but i was just wondering your opinions.

·
Registered
152 Posts
i was reading somewhere that the DCRH where it was ceramic coated and not stainless steel that it wouldn't last very long. IMO i think that is bull but i was just wondering your opinions.
And the long debate goes on. This is the reason why i am hesitant on buying a dcrh.

·
Registered
7,085 Posts
Yeah alot of peeps bash the DCRH, but they compare it to the SSR or BCRH which are more then double and in some cases triple the price. DCRH's flex pipe was breaking when they first came out and I think that added to a bad rep for them but they've been fixed and are a great header for the $

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
Yeah alot of peeps bash the DCRH, but they compare it to the SSR or BCRH which are more then double and in some cases triple the price. DCRH's flex pipe was breaking when they first came out and I think that added to a bad rep for them but they've been fixed and are a great header for the $
it will last for a long time. take care of it and it will take car of you.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
its fixed now...all it was is flex pipe cracking... buy it over the other race headers IMO. bc its like 360 shipped

·
Registered
7,085 Posts
yeah, once I heard people paying $1300+ for the SSR when it first came out, thats crazy. Not sure how much it is now though. im sure its still over 1k

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
i mean for the price of ssr you could get x's intake,dcrh,and reflash pretty much... which would be way way better than ssr...thats just how i look at it

·
Registered
7,924 Posts
depending on your driving habit. i had my dcrh on for 15000 miles and have no issue. still looks new, just a few scratches, but i end up selling it, because i wanted to go back to stock.

·
Registered
208 Posts
i agree it all sepends on driving habits and where you live. if you lives where it snows it will def not last as long. just do some preventative maintenance.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts