8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car has 30K on it and I have been using my stock All Seasons for about 20K and I notice they are already in need to be changed. I thought tires should get around 40-50K. I DON'T beat on them in anyway, I however do put alot of highway miles on them for long distances (400 miles at a time). What about the rest of you, how long did your first set last?

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
holy ****, im at about 33k with the same all seasons that came with the car and all i could say is that any more than 40 around a sweeping turn you can feel it slide, i am riding slow as hell now

·
Registered
25 Posts
Mine are down to less than 10% tread life and I've only put 16,000 miles on them. They are honestly the worst tires I've had. Granted, I shouldn't expect much out of all-seasons, but I expected more than 16,000 miles. Suggestions for new ones? I'm looking at either Nitto Neo-Gens or BFG G-force KDW-2's.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
actually im so torn. i dont have the money to be spending on tires, but i absolutly need em. i want to get summer tires but think im goin to have to settle with ultra high performance all seasons. this way i can use them in the snow too, any one know of a good ultra high performance all season tire

·
Registered
25 Posts
hondasi006 said:
actually im so torn. i dont have the money to be spending on tires, but i absolutly need em. i want to get summer tires but think im goin to have to settle with ultra high performance all seasons. this way i can use them in the snow too, any one know of a good ultra high performance all season tire
Kumho Ecsta ASX or Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS Pole Position

No snow, the only reason I like Florida. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
damn the 215/45ZR17 Kumho Ecsta ASX are $344

and the 215/45ZR17 XL Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS are $572

the potenza have higher ratings but thats expensive as hell

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
hondasi006 said:
im in the same boat as you bro... im looking at the goodyear eagle F1 A/s (ultra high performance) and possibly the potenzas.... i think im leaning towards the eagles

i need new tires cuz the stock suck hella bad and i wouldnt mind some more handling...

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
shutter13 said:
im in the same boat as you bro... im looking at the goodyear eagle F1 A/s (ultra high performance) and possibly the potenzas.... i think im leaning towards the eagles

i need new tires cuz the stock suck hella bad and i wouldnt mind some more handling...
i just looked at the eagles and at tire rack they are $536 with $40 mail in rebate gift card thing. so the price come out to $496 before tax and shipping. that is better than the potenzas at 572. the potenzas have very high ratings but i am pissed cuz the eagles dont have any of the ratings listed on tire rack. they are cheaper and the tread pattern looks nicer than the potenzas but with out the ratings i dont know

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
actually now i dont mind spending the 572 for the potenzas considering to replace the 215/45VR17 Michelin Pilot HX MXM4 that came on my si would be $836.00. and the performance suck.

look at the ratings for the michelins for $836.00

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Michelin&tireModel=Pilot+HX+MXM4&vehicleSearch=true&partnum=145VR7MXM4HXV3&fromCompare1=yes&place=36&speed_rating=V&speed_rating=Z&speed_rating=W&speed_rating=Y&minSpeedRating=V

now look at the ratings for the potenzas for $572 with a diff. of $264. hell i could buy another tire with the savings.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Bridgestone&tireModel=Potenza+RE960AS+Pole+Position

·
Registered
898 Posts
Rotate frequently...like every oil change, not too exceed 5K miles. It's been my experience that these FWD, high rear camber cars need frequent rotation. I burned through a set on my Mazda3s doing the every other rotation, got ~20K out of the Eagle RS-A. Once I went to the Kuhmo ASX, I started with the every oil change interval and not one problem since. Not very scientific, but it's sure working for me!!

*Buy a lifetime rotate/balance plan at your local tire shop for about $50 and do it as many times as you want!! Best dollar for value thing I've ever seen...bar none!!!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts