8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

How is the S/C Si compared to these cars?

6K views 101 replies 27 participants last post by  Taffetawhitey 
#1 · (Edited)
So I have been considering swapping a k20A running on kpro off a 06+ FD2R and going with a S/C at a near point, I wanted to open this thread, just to see how the Si (stock or s-/c) would be compared against the listed cars, to have a better idea if it's worth the big cash i'm gonig to spend.

Here is all the cars that i frequently see on the track, all are the new model cars and are stock, except if I/H/E was mentioned.

-Toyota camry 6cyl A/T

-Toyota Aurion 6cyl A/T

-Nissan Altima v6 A/T

-Mustang GT v8 A/T

-Dodge charger A/T

-Nissan 350z I/H/E A/T and M/T

-Mazda6 6cyl A/T

-Golf GTI MKV

I would have looked at the TQ/HP numbers, but there is other factors that can play a rule here.

Important note: this is not your regular dreaming teenager thread, i have already started searching and calling shops and i'm almost decided on swapping during the summer vacation, your support and help are highly needed and appreciated, thank you.

See less See more
#5 ·
Seeing as you said you're going for a k20a swap + kpro, I honestly have no idea how much you're going to gain so I can't comment on how you'll do against these. My k20z3 has the ct stage 1, and it's fast enough for me heh.

I'd say this. Civicty asra'a men el gti.

#11 ·
i got pulled on nicely by a r/t with small bolt-ons when my car was at the fastest ( on a track)

in a straight line, no matter if you spend $1000, or $20000 on our cars, it still isn't going to be the ultimate speed machine.

#15 ·
still stifling that you are going to spend $20,000 to gain 100-125 whp. At best thats 160/hp.

if you want a supercharger definitely over a custom turbo

custom manifold, twin screw, haltech ecu. >>>>>>>>>>> k20z3 with ctsc.

you could have 2 boost settings, 1 that makes you run comparable to the ct kit and one that makes you laugh at any of the cars above among many, many faster cars.

I know people in straight jackets that have made better decisions. I'm not trying to be a ****, just trying to show you that there are farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr better ways to mod your car regardless.

#16 ·
^
I really have no experience at all in turbos or internals modifications and no one here is going to help me with anything, I'm going to drive for like 4 hours to do the swap and the supercharger, also i'm not sure if I know anything about maintaing a turbo and I rather know everything about my car, not just ask to get the turbo installed and tuned with me only paying the cash.

Believe me, i would love to have a better setup, if you have some links or websites that would educate me about this better, then it would be a different thing, i know that learning can't be without actual experience, but knowing something is better than totally depending on someone who just wants to make money.

btw, i'm only looking at the k20a off the fd2r.

#20 ·
i have beaten every single thing on your list.

guy named andrew at my work has a modded charger with 305 to the wheels and 340tq. i still pull on him. prob is there 4200 pounds... now the srt8.s unless there stock we won't have a chance.

however i aggree with hondacare if your gonna spend all that cash why not just make a custom turbo kit and get double the power you would with the charger.

#29 ·
i dunno i think from a roll a full bolt on stage 1 wouldn't lose by tooo much. maybe a car or 2. might even be a drivers race. i've seen anywhere from 13.2-13.8 for srt quarter mile times.. from a roll however its very hard to F up so you would have a 12 sec car rolling vs you everytime since theres no traction issues... but i've seen a bolt on stage 1 SI hit 13.1 too so i think it might be a drivers race.. i would think from a roll we could hang with 12.9 sec cars too since we dont worry about traction either.

still thats not bad considering the power diff. i might get flamed for saying this but i think once stage 3 is out you'd pull on the srt8. a stock one of course.

#31 ·
First, thanks for the hemi info ..

secondly, we don't have k-pro.

I already said that i was neck and neck with a 08 mustang GT with cowl induction and other bolt-ons, so that means maybe 320whp vs my 266whp.

now the SRT-8 has another 100 hp on top of that.. i was saying from my experience in the real world, that a SC'd stg1 si has no chance

#33 ·
in all fairness the srt chargers weigh 600 pounds more then a mustang
although i agree the srt should win. it would be a drivers race imo. and a stage 3 blower once its out would eat it alive... now if the srt had any mods.. prob not gonna happen.
srt8's have around 360whp at 4300pounds.. vs our 260whp at 3000. its not THAT far off.

#32 ·
mustangs with full bolt ons are capable of 12'.s 240whp si's are not.
i doubt i could hit a 12 and i have 260whp. maybe with slicks. but the mustang could do it all day long with full bolt ons.. v8's gain a hell of a lot of power from a set of headers a true cat back and an intake with a chip.

#35 ·
depends what organization i go with.. from $300 a day to $550 a weekend

TrackSchedule.com - Coco's Drivers Ed Calendar for 2008

Mike - i agree with you that stage 2 or 3 will be a much formidable opponent, however our stage1 cannot hang with the stock "muscle" out there.

#40 ·
I have searched before for superchargers for the fd2, looks like people are getting average of 270-275 with a stage 1, which is very impressive and that is without the kpro.

No one take my word for this, im not 100% sure about those dynos, since I am swapping, I would rather go with what would work better F/I, your statement made me thinking and it requires a lot of searching.

#41 ·
you need to find a shop/tuner and ask them for advice. if its 4 hours away, then it's 4 hours away. searching is not what you need. learning is what you need and that doesn't happen overnight.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.