8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
17,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I have been considering swapping a k20A running on kpro off a 06+ FD2R and going with a S/C at a near point, I wanted to open this thread, just to see how the Si (stock or s-/c) would be compared against the listed cars, to have a better idea if it's worth the big cash i'm gonig to spend.

Here is all the cars that i frequently see on the track, all are the new model cars and are stock, except if I/H/E was mentioned.

-Toyota camry 6cyl A/T

-Toyota Aurion 6cyl A/T

-Nissan Altima v6 A/T

-Mustang GT v8 A/T

-Dodge charger A/T

-Nissan 350z I/H/E A/T and M/T

-Mazda6 6cyl A/T

-Golf GTI MKV

I would have looked at the TQ/HP numbers, but there is other factors that can play a rule here.

Important note: this is not your regular dreaming teenager thread, i have already started searching and calling shops and i'm almost decided on swapping during the summer vacation, your support and help are highly needed and appreciated, thank you.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Seeing as you said you're going for a k20a swap + kpro, I honestly have no idea how much you're going to gain so I can't comment on how you'll do against these. My k20z3 has the ct stage 1, and it's fast enough for me heh.

I'd say this. Civicty asra'a men el gti.

·
Registered
17,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Seeing as you said you're going for a k20a swap + kpro, I honestly have no idea how much you're going to gain so I can't comment on how you'll do against these. My k20z3 has the ct stage 1, and it's fast enough for me heh.

I'd say this. Civicty asra'a men el gti.
Haha i'm sure that it's asra'a/faster N/A or F/I, I'm not sure either about the numbers I would gain, I have been searching for couple weeks only.

·
Registered
17,663 Posts
Chris, I have seen somewhere that a s/c Si can compete against a stock evo9/sti, could the bulky regular charger make better numbers than those?

Or maybe what I have read was not very accurate, about comparing it to these rally cars.
it still has a hemi in it
exactly... the charger may be a boat... but dont underestimate it.

·
Banned
28,158 Posts
i got pulled on nicely by a r/t with small bolt-ons when my car was at the fastest ( on a track)

in a straight line, no matter if you spend $1000, or $20000 on our cars, it still isn't going to be the ultimate speed machine.

·
Banned
28,158 Posts
Since you are s/c and going to the track frequently apperently, mind sharing what kind of cars you could keep up with/beat on the track?
07 mustang GT m/t with cowl induction and exhaust - level from 45mph to 130mph at the back straight at road atlanta.. ( that was with vibrant header)

SRT4 - pulled on it slightly

04 cobra -i got raped

porsche cayman s - neck and neck back straight, rd ATL

97 m3 - pulled quite a bit on it.

04 m3 - neck and neck

all of these were either at Road Atlanta or TGPR.

·
Registered
17,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
07 mustang GT m/t with cowl induction and exhaust - level from 45mph to 130mph at the back straight at road atlanta.. ( that was with vibrant header)

SRT4 - pulled on it slightly

04 cobra -i got raped

porsche cayman s - neck and neck back straight, rd ATL

97 m3 - pulled quite a bit on it.

04 m3 - neck and neck

all of these were either at Road Atlanta or TGPR.
Wow holding up with a cayman s is pretty impressive!

And the mustang, most of them here are A/T, don't think that a s/c Si would have a lot of trouble with those.

Oh and while we are there, any idea if the v4 accord, altima, camry are any competitive to a N/A Si? what about the 6cyl model of those?

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Assuming your talking about the new generations Accords, Altima SER, Camry that are pushing over the 220+hp and not the old generations that are under the 200hp. They got tq, and run in the 14's consistantly stock autos.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
still stifling that you are going to spend $20,000 to gain 100-125 whp. At best thats 160/hp.

if you want a supercharger definitely over a custom turbo

custom manifold, twin screw, haltech ecu. >>>>>>>>>>> k20z3 with ctsc.

you could have 2 boost settings, 1 that makes you run comparable to the ct kit and one that makes you laugh at any of the cars above among many, many faster cars.

I know people in straight jackets that have made better decisions. I'm not trying to be a ****, just trying to show you that there are farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr better ways to mod your car regardless.

·
Registered
17,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
^
I really have no experience at all in turbos or internals modifications and no one here is going to help me with anything, I'm going to drive for like 4 hours to do the swap and the supercharger, also i'm not sure if I know anything about maintaing a turbo and I rather know everything about my car, not just ask to get the turbo installed and tuned with me only paying the cash.

Believe me, i would love to have a better setup, if you have some links or websites that would educate me about this better, then it would be a different thing, i know that learning can't be without actual experience, but knowing something is better than totally depending on someone who just wants to make money.

btw, i'm only looking at the k20a off the fd2r.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
^
I really have no experience at all in turbos or internals modifications and no one here is going to help me with anything, I'm going to drive for like 4 hours to do the swap and the supercharger, also i'm not sure if I know anything about maintaing a turbo and I rather know everything about my car, not just ask to get the turbo installed and tuned with me only paying the cash.

Believe me, i would love to have a better setup, if you have some links or websites that would educate me about this better, then it would be a different thing, i know that learning can't be without actual experience, but knowing something is better than totally depending on someone who just wants to make money.

btw, i'm only looking at the k20a off the fd2r.
better motor choice, but if you want to learn things get the **** off this site.

honda tech, clubrsx, templeofvtec.

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
So I have been considering swapping a k20A running on kpro off a 06+ FD2R and going with a S/C at a near point, I wanted to open this thread, just to see how the Si (stock or s-/c) would be compared against the listed cars, to have a better idea if it's worth the big cash i'm gonig to spend.

Here is all the cars that i frequently see on the track, all are the new model cars and are stock, except if I/H/E was mentioned.

-Toyota camry 6cyl A/T

-Toyota Aurion 6cyl A/T

-Nissan Altima v6 A/T

-Mustang GT v8 A/T

-Dodge charger A/T

-Nissan 350z I/H/E A/T and M/T

-Mazda6 6cyl A/T

-Golf GTI MKV

I would have looked at the TQ/HP numbers, but there is other factors that can play a rule here.

Important note: this is not your regular dreaming teenager thread, i have already started searching and calling shops and i'm almost decided on swapping during the summer vacation, your support and help are highly needed and appreciated, thank you.

i have beaten every single thing on your list.

guy named andrew at my work has a modded charger with 305 to the wheels and 340tq. i still pull on him. prob is there 4200 pounds... now the srt8.s unless there stock we won't have a chance.

however i aggree with hondacare if your gonna spend all that cash why not just make a custom turbo kit and get double the power you would with the charger.

1 - 20 of 102 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.