8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18,275 Posts
Well, heres the deal...

What you need to do is if your parked for a long time, make sure you turn off your fog lights.

also, if your at the car wash before you go in, make sure you turn them off. The hot and cold factor could cause some issues.

As long as the car is moving and youve got cool air hitting it, your fine.

·
Registered
5,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
mine get pretty hot. i touched it to compare my headlights and fog lights. and i startled myself it was so hot
Thanks

Well, heres the deal...

What you need to do is if your parked for a long time, make sure you turn off your fog lights.

also, if your at the car wash before you go in, make sure you turn them off. The hot and cold factor could cause some issues.

As long as the car is moving and youve got cool air hitting it, your fine.
Thanks for the advice. I never thought about the cold water thing

my lexans still melt with the car moving
Yeah ive seen that on other forums too. One of the reasons i dont want to do that whole replacement thing.

my cousin uses XPEL film on his Fit, and he said it lasts a long time. he said it begins to get a brown tint to it so then he just peels it off and lays new stuff... it's cheap enough.
Did he get the pre-cut stuff or bulk? The pre-cut is pretty expensive... $69 for headlights and fog kit. But i dont need the headlight kit... they havnt responded to my email yet about price for just the fog kit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.