8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How difficult is it to fabricate your own turbo setup?
I know the pipes would all have to be made at a shop
buy the turbo itself
FMIC
intake
manifolds

total price of each to be reliable?

and would the Emanage Ultimate work with your own? is there other type of user friendly (or semi friendly) to help tune, or could a shop tune it for you using other things.
As most of you know (even those who dont post back) I have been thinking about the Greddy kit, but I was just wondering the diff in price to go the other route.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Im pretty sure you could use the e-manage with a custom tune..
but im just gonna say this cuz i know someone else will; with enough money you can do anything you want...
I love my Greddy kit and its not even tuned yet...

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
magicballer2001 said:
yeah i was thinking about fabricating my own as well....i can get a turbo for free...so it should cut down my price a lot!
ive seen turbochargers as cheap as like $300.. and as much as who knows what atleast $2000 for just the charger.. one to fit our cars and be the right size is probably between 500-1k?? thats why im asking price. i think the Greddy is just a tad too small, it makes me want to buy the kit and replace the charger and put a larger intercooler but im not sure what else would have to be done.. plus then who would even buy the charger and intercooler from me? lol

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
magicballer2001 said:
shoot i would buy the intercooler maybe, or someone else looking to fab there own...
lol if you want that small of a setup you may as well just get the Greddy kit.. if the fmic was good enough for a larger setup i would keep.. haha

·
Premium Member
4,756 Posts
garyward said:
ive seen turbochargers as cheap as like $300.. and as much as who knows what atleast $2000 for just the charger.. one to fit our cars and be the right size is probably between 500-1k?? thats why im asking price. i think the Greddy is just a tad too small, it makes me want to buy the kit and replace the charger and put a larger intercooler but im not sure what else would have to be done.. plus then who would even buy the charger and intercooler from me? lol
GReddy kit + bigger turbo + bigger injectors + new tune for the setup = ~ $5300 to reach about 340whp. This is the same price as AJP. Unless you absolutely hate AJP, why go this route? The AJP would still have much more potential, while the GReddy is essentially maxed out power-wise.

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
GalaxyGreySi said:
GReddy kit + bigger turbo + bigger injectors + new tune for the setup = ~ $5300 to reach about 340whp. This is the same price as AJP. Unless you absolutely hate AJP, why go this route? The AJP would still have much more potential, while the GReddy is essentially maxed out power-wise.
are you actually referring some one to go to AJP for anything?!? lol

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
NIGHTHAWKSI said:
are you actually referring some one to go to AJP for anything?!? lol
I would go to AJP and personally pick up the kit if i wanted to spend that much and just go about everything myself.. but i dont wanna deal with them and im not looking for that much power anymore, just 330whp or so not 510 (came to my senses)

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
ah..your kinda local to their shop...i guess that would come in handy when you have to rent a car and drive there every other day because your car is stalling out/ missing parts/ incorrect parts/ or not returning phone calls. :eek:hsnap:

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
NIGHTHAWKSI said:
ah..your kinda local to their shop...i guess that would come in handy when you have to rent a car and drive there every other day because your car is stalling out/ missing parts/ incorrect parts/ or not returning phone calls. :eek:hsnap:
i said IF i wanted to go thru it.. and i would buy as a "kit" not saying it will be pnp but should have all parts lol.. i would not get installed here. id have some other place tune it.. but im not going that route

Greddy ftw :) (plus some extras to reach my goal of course)
lol if only there were other companies that made custom ones.. (ones that didnt lie and had some good customer service)

im actually quite local to their shop. i dont live in the keys anymore my parents do. i live in fla city (not much closer) but i go to school in miramar (fort lauderdale)... so its prolly like 10 mins from school not sure College edumacation ftw! i cant wait to gradumacate

1 - 13 of 13 Posts