8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in a place where a 100 km./h. panel actually means 120 and the cops won't do a thing if you pass them by at 119. Same thing goes for city streets: 70 in a 50 is okay most of the time as well.

I've seen many stories of people in the U.S. being stopped for going 5 mph. over.
Really, it would seem the cops from Quebec are quite relax. What is the approximate maximum you can go over the limit before being pulled over in your region?

Just out of curiosity.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
awkward thread but ok..... well i go by mph... i mean on freeway in texas there are some speed limit signs that say 80(128 km/h) mph and some 70 some 55 as long as your within 10 mph your ok...so

i cruise at 90(144 km/h) mph :p

anyway answer is within 10mph is about right in safe zone

·
Registered
10,957 Posts
Depends on your area. Depends on what agency. State police can get you for as little as 1mph over. Local cops wait till after 5mph. But the general rule is they can catch more than enough at 15mph+ so they don't bother with lower speeds. UNLESS you look like a drug mule or a DUI case.

·
Registered
769 Posts
I live in NE ohio, really good friends with the cops, done 140 mph in my b16 EG (why 140, cuz i ran out of gear :wheee: ) blazin past them while they were sitting. They just talk to me later about it at the 711. One of em got a charger, i said "hey you got somethin that might keep up eh?" Other than that I cant say what mph you can do to be safe. ive done 85 in a cautioned 45 mph zone, got pulled over and told the cop i was hungry and he let me go. So i dunno. i have really good luck. today i was doin 76 in a 65 past a statey and he never bothered. I ve been other places where my friends have been doing well over 100 through some back woods, never knowing a cop was behind them (night), and the only reason he pulled them over cuz they were crossing the yellow line too much.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
i live in the metroplex arlington mansfield texas area home of stingy police

I have yet to be pulled over(knock on wood) but my friend got pulled over for 52 in a 45 at 11:30 at night

so i usually cruise at 65 on 60's and 70 on 65- but i have to set the cruise controll or ill end up doing 75.

·
Premium Member
11,200 Posts
Depends on your area. Depends on what agency. State police can get you for as little as 1mph over. Local cops wait till after 5mph. But the general rule is they can catch more than enough at 15mph+ so they don't bother with lower speeds. UNLESS you look like a drug mule or a DUI case.
or you own a pimped out / modified / riced ciivc..any those options.. and your under the age of 21

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.