8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been pouring over the manual and I'm still stuck as to how you set the outside temperature guage.

Any suggestions guys?

·
Registered
99 Posts
It's on page 67 of the sedan owner's manual.

"Select the outside temperature display, then press the SEL/RESET button for 10 seconds. The following sequence will appear for 1 second each: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, -5, -4, -3, -2, -1, 0, 1 ...

When it reaches the desired value, release the SEL/RESET botton. You should see the new outside temperature displayed."

·
Registered
19 Posts
palindrome said:
It's on page 67 of the sedan owner's manual.

"Select the outside temperature display, then press the SEL/RESET button for 10 seconds. The following sequence will appear for 1 second each: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, -5, -4, -3, -2, -1, 0, 1 ...

When it reaches the desired value, release the SEL/RESET botton. You should see the new outside temperature displayed."
hm... what exactly does setting it do? like if it's off by a bit you can adjust it?

·
Registered
99 Posts
solace said:
hm... what exactly does setting it do? like if it's off by a bit you can adjust it?
Yes exactly. If your car outside temp gauge isn't accurate, you can calibrate it within +/- 5 degree F. You'd need to get some thermometer that you trust to compare with the car in several different conditions. Seems like a lot of trouble but it can be done.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
palindrome said:
Just press SEL/RESET multiple times until you see the "oil life" meter. It's this way on US models anyway.
****!
i did it but it doesnt show me that gauge...
canadian models can?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts