8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed that some people use their whole leg to let off the clutch while other people keep their heel on the floor and rock their foot back, sort of raising their toes. I use the keep-my-heel-on-the-floor method because I can feel better where the friction point is. What do you guys do? Are there any advantages to doing it the other way? I'd just like to see what other people do here.

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
I usually keep my foot on the floor but I guess Its not good b/c my heel still moves a bit and now my oem floor mats have a hole in them haha were my heel sits due to 2+ years of repetetive shifting

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ive tried using heel on floor, but the pedals on the clutch have to much grip. feels like there's too much friction and i always get a choppy shift. my friends use there heels and as said before the carpets are tore up. so i use my whole leg, and have no problems feeling the clutch engage.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
heavy duty pressure plate .... i feel like im using half my body to shift..lol..so yea lifting my foot up and shifting.. heal toe was easy stock but not anymore , as long as you dont ride the clutch your fine no matter how you do it..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.